Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > compaq pc

compaq pc

Phil

Compaq is known to be very unstable. So I would switch to better system.

Phil
"Sab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cz71c.65344$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> A friend of mine had one of his computer crash last week and he was
> wondering if he could put the hard drive he salvaged in his other pc. I

told
> him he could but then he told me it was a Compaq (Presario 452 and maybe
> it required specific hardware tested for Compaq. So now I'm not sure
> anymore. Can he put in his Maxtor hd (30G, came from a clone pc) in his
> Compaq comp? Same thing with a cd writer , a Pioneer dvd drive and a

graphic
> card (ATI). Thx.
>
> Sab.

Phil

Thats too bad.

Some computer really comes down in price. In fact I just purchase an AMD 1.6
Mz for just under $400 about six months and it still in good shape..

Which country that your friend live in?
I'll be then glad to refer to you to some places.

Phil
"Sab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JY71c.65388$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know but my friend doesn't want to buy another comp yet.
>

> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CL71c.1404$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Compaq is known to be very unstable. So I would switch to better system.
> >
> > Phil
> > "Sab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:cz71c.65344$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi
> > > A friend of mine had one of his computer crash last week and he was
> > > wondering if he could put the hard drive he salvaged in his other pc.

> > told
> > > him he could but then he told me it was a Compaq (Presario 452 and

> maybe
> > > it required specific hardware tested for Compaq. So now I'm not sure
> > > anymore. Can he put in his Maxtor hd (30G, came from a clone pc) in

his
> > > Compaq comp? Same thing with a cd writer , a Pioneer dvd drive and a

> > graphic
> > > card (ATI). Thx.
> > >
> > > Sab.

Sab

Hi
A friend of mine had one of his computer crash last week and he was
wondering if he could put the hard drive he salvaged in his other pc. I told
him he could but then he told me it was a Compaq (Presario 452 and maybe
it required specific hardware tested for Compaq. So now I'm not sure
anymore. Can he put in his Maxtor hd (30G, came from a clone pc) in his
Compaq comp? Same thing with a cd writer , a Pioneer dvd drive and a graphic
card (ATI). Thx.

Sab.

olfart

"Sab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cz71c.65344$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> A friend of mine had one of his computer crash last week and he was
> wondering if he could put the hard drive he salvaged in his other pc. I

told
> him he could but then he told me it was a Compaq (Presario 452 and maybe
> it required specific hardware tested for Compaq. So now I'm not sure
> anymore. Can he put in his Maxtor hd (30G, came from a clone pc) in his
> Compaq comp? Same thing with a cd writer , a Pioneer dvd drive and a

graphic
> card (ATI). Thx.
>
> Sab.

Not sure about the 4528, but older Compaqs has the Bios info on a separate
partiition on the hard drive. Without this info you can't access or make
changes to the Bios. I found this out when I replaced the h/d on an old
Prolinea 575 so it would be best to check out the Compaq website before
formatting a new drive.

Sab

I know but my friend doesn't want to buy another comp yet.

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CL71c.1404$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Compaq is known to be very unstable. So I would switch to better system.
>
> Phil
> "Sab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cz71c.65344$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > A friend of mine had one of his computer crash last week and he was
> > wondering if he could put the hard drive he salvaged in his other pc. I

> told
> > him he could but then he told me it was a Compaq (Presario 452 and

maybe
> > it required specific hardware tested for Compaq. So now I'm not sure
> > anymore. Can he put in his Maxtor hd (30G, came from a clone pc) in his
> > Compaq comp? Same thing with a cd writer , a Pioneer dvd drive and a

> graphic
> > card (ATI). Thx.
> >
> > Sab.

Sab

We're in Montreal, QC, Canada

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mi81c.6007$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Thats too bad.
>
> Some computer really comes down in price. In fact I just purchase an AMD

1.6
> Mz for just under $400 about six months and it still in good shape..
>
> Which country that your friend live in?
> I'll be then glad to refer to you to some places.
>
> Phil
> "Sab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:JY71c.65388$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I know but my friend doesn't want to buy another comp yet.
> >

> > "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:CL71c.1404$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > > Compaq is known to be very unstable. So I would switch to better

system.

> > > Phil
> > > "Sab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:cz71c.65344$(E-Mail Removed)...

pc.
> > > told

> > maybe

> his
> > > graphic

Phil

Hi sab,

I've the following website which base on Laval, and it surroundings. All
mother boards come with processor type, like I previously said, mother board
fairly cheap.

Your friend will need to purchase case, memory and video card. I don't
believe what your has will be compatible with new stuff.

http://www.compu-sol.com/

Phil
news:iH91c.65569$(E-Mail Removed)...