Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Harddrive

Harddrive

Sierra

I am trying to install an -80g seagate on my pc,
Spec is as follows-
amdk6/2 500mhz
win98se
256m
I appreciate its old but have been told it should accomodate a bigger
harddrive.
At preasant the harddrive is 13g but wanted to use that as a slave asnd run
the 80 as the master,
When i installed the 80 it just crashed the machine,then next time it
detected it so i formatted and installed xp,now the pc just crashes
again,put my 13 back as master runs ok any pointers.
Si

HaJEEE

Hi there,

send me some more system specs, such as motherboard type. Some older
motherb's have BIOS support for no more than 32 Gb, others have 128 Gb
issues ...

hear from you

Henk-Jan

"Sierra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qw11c.2595$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to install an -80g seagate on my pc,
> Spec is as follows-
> amdk6/2 500mhz
> win98se
> 256m
> I appreciate its old but have been told it should accomodate a bigger
> harddrive.
> At preasant the harddrive is 13g but wanted to use that as a slave asnd

run
> the 80 as the master,
> When i installed the 80 it just crashed the machine,then next time it
> detected it so i formatted and installed xp,now the pc just crashes
> again,put my 13 back as master runs ok any pointers.
> Si

Sierra

"HaJEEE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4044dd8a$0$2437$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> send me some more system specs, such as motherboard type. Some older
> motherb's have BIOS support for no more than 32 Gb, others have 128 Gb
> issues ...
>
> hear from you
>
> Henk-Jan
>

> "Sierra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:qw11c.2595$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am trying to install an -80g seagate on my pc,
> > Spec is as follows-
> > amdk6/2 500mhz
> > win98se
> > 256m
> > I appreciate its old but have been told it should accomodate a bigger
> > harddrive.
> > At preasant the harddrive is 13g but wanted to use that as a slave asnd

> run
> > the 80 as the master,
> > When i installed the 80 it just crashed the machine,then next time it
> > detected it so i formatted and installed xp,now the pc just crashes
> > again,put my 13 back as master runs ok any pointers.
> > Si
> >

> The spec of the motherboard is

MS5182 V1.0(microstar)
HTH
Si

Plato

Sierra wrote:

> I am trying to install an -80g seagate on my pc,
> Spec is as follows-
> amdk6/2 500mhz
> win98se
> 256m