Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Delayed write failed message

Delayed write failed message

John Leeth

On Outlook Express, when I download a post, a message on my toolbar
appears saying" Windows delayed write failed".
What causes this yellow warning to appear and how do I get rid of it?

John L

Unk

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:40:58 -0500, John Leeth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Outlook Express, when I download a post, a message on my toolbar
>appears saying" Windows delayed write failed".
>What causes this yellow warning to appear and how do I get rid of it?
>
>John L

Could be several things. You didn't state your OS.

If it's a USB drive, try rebooting.

If it's an IDE drive, it may be failing.

The "Enable write caching on the disk" feature for your disk is turned on.
Your Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA) hard disk controller is configured in
either of the following ways:
You are using a 40-wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive to the
controller instead of the required 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
Your BIOS settings are configured to force faster UDMA modes.

°Mike°

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C2D952497

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:40:58 -0500, in
<PuS0c.91$(E-Mail Removed)>
John Leeth scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

John Leeth

John Leeth wrote:

> On Outlook Express, when I download a post, a message on my toolbar
> appears saying" Windows delayed write failed".
> What causes this yellow warning to appear and how do I get rid of it?
>
> John L

Thanks guys. I have Windows XP, and the problem only occurs with Outlook
Express, OK with Netscape. I'l check your reccommended links to see if I
can solve the problem.

John L

°Mike°

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:30:08 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
John Leeth scrawled:

>John Leeth wrote:
>
>> On Outlook Express, when I download a post, a message on my toolbar
>> appears saying" Windows delayed write failed".
>> What causes this yellow warning to appear and how do I get rid of it?
>>
>> John L
>>

>Thanks guys. I have Windows XP, and the problem only occurs with Outlook
>Express, OK with Netscape. I'l check your reccommended links to see if I
>can solve the problem.
>
>John L

You're welcome.

--