Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > dell beep code

dell beep code

Phil

Double check that your memory is properly inserted.

If your memory type is not supported by your system then
Double check computer's manual or go an website..

Phil

"T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i have tried putting some additional memory in my dell dimension xps r400.
> when I try booting up the machine after I put the new memory in, the

display
> doesn't come up and the machine beeps four single consecutive beeps. I

have
> checked Dell's support site for the relative beep code chart, and there
> isn't an entry for 4 consecutive single beeps.
>
> What can I gather from these beeps? I'm almost positive that the memory I
> am using is the right kind.
>
> TB in Austin

T.B.

i have tried putting some additional memory in my dell dimension xps r400.
when I try booting up the machine after I put the new memory in, the display
doesn't come up and the machine beeps four single consecutive beeps. I have
checked Dell's support site for the relative beep code chart, and there
isn't an entry for 4 consecutive single beeps.

What can I gather from these beeps? I'm almost positive that the memory I
am using is the right kind.

TB in Austin

Linda

Try http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/index-i.htm

"T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i have tried putting some additional memory in my dell dimension xps r400.
> when I try booting up the machine after I put the new memory in, the

display
> doesn't come up and the machine beeps four single consecutive beeps. I

have
> checked Dell's support site for the relative beep code chart, and there
> isn't an entry for 4 consecutive single beeps.
>
> What can I gather from these beeps? I'm almost positive that the memory I
> am using is the right kind.
>
> TB in Austin

eric the seal

The memory could be faulty. Far from unusual, unfortunately. You could try
it on its own, without the original memory in place. If that works, the
memory is not faulty but is not matched to the original.

The new memory socket(s) could have filled up with dust while it was empty.
You could clean the place more often...(joking)..

The memory could be the wrong type.. Dells are very choosy.

"Linda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GUG0c.83501$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/index-i.htm
>
> "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > i have tried putting some additional memory in my dell dimension xps

r400.
> > when I try booting up the machine after I put the new memory in, the

> display
> > doesn't come up and the machine beeps four single consecutive beeps. I

> have
> > checked Dell's support site for the relative beep code chart, and there
> > isn't an entry for 4 consecutive single beeps.
> >
> > What can I gather from these beeps? I'm almost positive that the memory

> > am using is the right kind.
> >
> > TB in Austin

°Mike°

Which BIOS is it? (AMI, Award, Phoenix, etc.)

An AMI BIOS, for instance, would suggest either bad
RAM in the first bank, or the system clock IC is bad.

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 01:56:32 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
T.B. scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Plato

T.B. wrote:

> i have tried putting some additional memory in my dell dimension xps r400.
> when I try booting up the machine after I put the new memory in, the display
> doesn't come up and the machine beeps four single consecutive beeps. I have

Goto 18004memory.com and get the correct ram for your pc.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/