Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Blueyonder Cache

Blueyonder Cache

Dingo

When I set IE6.0 to use the Blueyonder cache....I cant log into web sites
like ebay etc.....says its not allowing cookies...even when I set the
privacy to LOW?

°Mike°

Don't use the Blueyonder cache.

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:39:50 -0000, in
<_lq0c.4$(E-Mail Removed)>
Dingo scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

why?

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:39:50 -0000, Dingo wrote:

I thought BY for BB at least has swapped to transparent caches, at least
regional at one point was converted into a central one.

What ever they did, this page says no transparent cache
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/co...webcache.shtml

I haven't entered a webcache setting since I was on dial up and early
days of regional caches and never had a many problems (swapping to
another region sometimes when lists of cache addresses used to be
posted) leaving it blank whatever BY changed.

Since this page says you are cached
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/co...atuspage.shtml
and this one is dialup specific
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/co...d/server.shtml
with a cache address.

>When I set IE6.0 to use the Blueyonder cache....I cant log into web sites

The setting you use is?

>like ebay etc.....says its not allowing cookies...even when I set the
>privacy to LOW?

You could check here
http://www.by-users.co.uk/
at
http://www.by-users.co.uk/faqs/proxyservers/web-caches/
use the proxy test page / other info in the BY past announcements /
newsgroups.

Me

Dingo

My connection is crawling at half speed...and the cache really speeds it
up....but doesnt quite work perfectly .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don't use the Blueyonder cache.
>

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:39:50 -0000, in
> <_lq0c.4$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Dingo scrawled:
>
> >When I set IE6.0 to use the Blueyonder cache....I cant log into web sites
> >like ebay etc.....says its not allowing cookies...even when I set the
> >privacy to LOW?
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Have your phone line checked.

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:42:49 -0000, in
<bOu0c.119$X%(E-Mail Removed)>
Dingo scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dingo

Its cable not ADSL and its been working superbly for the last 2 years. Dont
understand.

Speed test tells me that its really low 256Kbit

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 00:52:13 -0000, Dingo wrote:

>Its cable not ADSL and its been working superbly for the last 2 years. Dont

You didn't say earlier.

>understand.
>
>Speed test tells me that its really low 256Kbit

Which speed test?
http://www.vantage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v2/v2.htm
which has specific options for BY.

See my other post.

Any problems with TV/Phone if you have those services.

Any regional issues in the status page.
http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyond...tatuspage.html

Check posts in the BY newsgroups in case other users reporting same
thing.

What package are you on 512K/1M/2M?

Can you access the internal modem webpages to display signal connection
strength, error log info?

Don't know if it the same on every model of modem BY use, try
http://192.168.100.1/

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Have your phone line checked.
>>

>> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:42:49 -0000, in
>> <bOu0c.119$X%(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Dingo scrawled:
>>
>> >My connection is crawling at half speed...and the cache really
>> >speeds it up....but doesnt quite work perfectly .

<snip>

Me