Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > screen saver

screen saver

malicet

How do I activate my screensaver? I have XP pro. I can preview it and choose it, apply it, but it never comes on.
Thanks,
mal

°Mike°

How long do you have it set to wait for?

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:08:46 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
malicet scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

malicet

5 Mins - but it never comes on.

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Uninstall it and reinstall, if you must use a screen saver
at all.

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:58:21 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
malicet scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sultan

malicet wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> 5 Mins - but it never comes on.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)... How long do you have it
> set to wait for?
>

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:08:46 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> malicet scrawled:
>
>>How do I activate my screensaver? I have XP pro. I can preview
>>it and choose it, apply it, but it never comes on.
>>Thanks,
>>mal

Try switching to a different screen saver, change the time to one minute
and leave mouse and keyboard alone until after the minute has completely
passed. Does it still not work?

Sultan

malicet

"Sultan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Xns949EA9E12B1C6sultanofcyberhotmail@209.25.1 57.130...
malicet wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> 5 Mins - but it never comes on.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)... How long do you have it
> set to wait for?
>

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:08:46 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> malicet scrawled:
>
>>How do I activate my screensaver? I have XP pro. I can preview
>>it and choose it, apply it, but it never comes on.
>>Thanks,
>>mal

Try switching to a different screen saver, change the time to one minute
and leave mouse and keyboard alone until after the minute has completely
passed. Does it still not work?

Sultan

Yes Sultan,
That did work. Thanks so much.
mal

Sultan

Another satisified customer. You're welcome!

Sultan