Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Using Outlook as a confidential database

Using Outlook as a confidential database

Chris

I want to use Outlook to cross reference various "contacts" at work. Thing
is, this is confidential info protected by the data protection act. I want
to be able to input and erase the contacts data on my laptop each time I
arrive and leave work. Can this be done? I've only had a cursory
"exploration" so far, and dont see this kind of facility. TIA Chris.

Brian H供

Chris said:

> I want to use Outlook to cross reference various "contacts" at work. Thing
> is, this is confidential info protected by the data protection act. I want
> to be able to input and erase the contacts data on my laptop each time I
> arrive and leave work. Can this be done? I've only had a cursory
> "exploration" so far, and dont see this kind of facility. TIA Chris.

"confidential" "protected" "data protection act" and *any* MS product in the
same sentence will have an awful lot of people falling off their chairs and
rolling on their floors.

Chris

No doubt, but I won't be connected to the internet and I want to keep the
thread focused. Ta
Chris

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
newsJ60c.15092$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chris said:
>
> > I want to use Outlook to cross reference various "contacts" at work.

Thing
> > is, this is confidential info protected by the data protection act. I

want
> > to be able to input and erase the contacts data on my laptop each time I
> > arrive and leave work. Can this be done? I've only had a cursory
> > "exploration" so far, and dont see this kind of facility. TIA Chris.

> "confidential" "protected" "data protection act" and *any* MS product in

the
> same sentence will have an awful lot of people falling off their chairs

and
> rolling on their floors.

Brian H供

Chris said:

> No doubt, but I won't be connected to the internet and I want to keep the
> thread focused. Ta
> Chris

If you open the address book and select all the names, you can delete them.
You could also use an address book that you keep on floppy instead of on the
hard drive.

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> newsJ60c.15092$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Chris said:
>>
>>> I want to use Outlook to cross reference various "contacts" at work. Thing
>>> is, this is confidential info protected by the data protection act. I want
>>> to be able to input and erase the contacts data on my laptop each time I
>>> arrive and leave work. Can this be done? I've only had a cursory
>>> "exploration" so far, and dont see this kind of facility. TIA Chris.

>> "confidential" "protected" "data protection act" and *any* MS product in the
>> same sentence will have an awful lot of people falling off their chairs and
>> rolling on their floors.

Chris

Cheers, I'll bear that in mind!

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
news:d270c.15098$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chris said:
>
> > No doubt, but I won't be connected to the internet and I want to keep

the
> > thread focused. Ta
> > Chris
> >

> If you open the address book and select all the names, you can delete

them.
> You could also use an address book that you keep on floppy instead of on

the
> hard drive.
>

> > "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> > newsJ60c.15092$(E-Mail Removed)...

Thing

want

> >> "confidential" "protected" "data protection act" and *any* MS product

in the
> >> same sentence will have an awful lot of people falling off their chairs

and
> >> rolling on their floors.

Brian H供