Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lap top can not access towers folders

Lap top can not access towers folders

zaax

I have recently added a Laptop to my Network but the laptop cannot
access shared files on the tower. But the Tower can access the
Laptop’s shared files Both computers can see each other on
RealVNC, and access the net via the Netgear RP114 router.The c drive
on the tower shared.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Jeroen Wijnands

zaax wrote:

> I have recently added a Laptop to my Network but the laptop cannot
> access shared files on the tower. But the Tower can access the
> Laptop’s shared files Both computers can see each other on
> RealVNC, and access the net via the Netgear RP114 router.The c drive
> on the tower shared.
>
> Any ideas what the problem is?

Not without any protocol and OS information.

--
Groeten/Regards
Jeroen Wijnands

zaax

In article <403f2f0d$0$565$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>, Jeroen Wijnands
<(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl> writes
>zaax wrote:
>
>> I have recently added a Laptop to my Network but the laptop cannot
>> access shared files on the tower. But the Tower can access the
>> Laptop’s shared files Both computers can see each other on
>> RealVNC, and access the net via the Netgear RP114 router.The c drive
>> on the tower shared.
>>
>> Any ideas what the problem is?

>Not without any protocol and OS information.

Sorry XP using the network setup provided
--
Steve

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, zaax mused:

| Sorry XP using the network setup provided

Make sure the account you log into on the laptop exists as a user on the
"tower."