Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > wordpad in Windows ME

wordpad in Windows ME

striker

A friends computer has an error when trying to open a .doc, "Wordpad has
caused an error in WSWRD832.CNV". I tried changing the doc to a rtf
according to Microsoft Knowledge base but still doens't open. I'm thinking
that ME will have to re-installed (clean install), any thoughts?

DC

striker wrote:

> A friends computer has an error when trying to open a .doc, "Wordpad has
> caused an error in WSWRD832.CNV". I tried changing the doc to a rtf
> according to Microsoft Knowledge base but still doens't open. I'm thinking
> that ME will have to re-installed (clean install), any thoughts?

You are going to do a clean install over a Wordpad error?! Okay.

--
DC Registered Linux User #1000111011000111001

Harrison

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:00:09 GMT, "striker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A friends computer has an error when trying to open a .doc, "Wordpad has
>caused an error in WSWRD832.CNV". I tried changing the doc to a rtf
>according to Microsoft Knowledge base but still doens't open. I'm thinking
>that ME will have to re-installed (clean install), any thoughts?

Is it a Word doc or a Wordpad doc?
Try reinstalling Wordpad before you go blowing away the entire OS.
It's in the Windows Components section of Add/Remove Programs.

striker

Thank you I will try that.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...