Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Duron Vs Athalon

Duron Vs Athalon

KerplunKuK

Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
Any useful links?

remove SPAM to reply
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Brian H¹©

KerplunKuK said:

> Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
> both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
> Any useful links?

In all fairness, you could visit AMD's site and have a look at the different
specs and see for yourself.

ICee

KerplunKuK wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6
> in both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
> Any useful links?

The Duron has the same core as the Athlon, but less L2 cache; 64 KB for
the Duron, 256 KB for the Athlon, and 512 KB for the Athlon Barton core
CPU.
The default FSB for the Duron is 100 MHz (200 DDR), 133 MHz (266 DDR)
for the Athlon, and 166 and 200 MHz (333 and 400 DDR) for the Barton
core Athlons.
The different CPU's and their specs are listed here (towards the end of
the page):
http://www.amdboard.com/amdid.html

Harrison

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 03:28:06 -0000, "KerplunKuK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
>both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
>Any useful links?

Unfortunately, that's a bit too broad. Even within the Athlon family itself, there are a number of versions and
generations to add to your confusion.

A couple of hours at AMD.com should have you straightened right out.

]v[etaphoid

"KerplunKuK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:403d68cf$0$6851$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
> both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
> Any useful links?

Duran Duran were a 5-piece band, whereas A-Ha were just a trio. Accordingly
it is fair to surmise that all other things being equal, Duran Duran will be
better.

Hope this helps.

Oldus Fartus

]v[etaphoid wrote:

> "KerplunKuK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:403d68cf$0$6851$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
>>Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
>>both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
>>Any useful links?

> Duran Duran were a 5-piece band, whereas A-Ha were just a trio. Accordingly
> it is fair to surmise that all other things being equal, Duran Duran will be
> better.
>
> Hope this helps.

In an attempt to be clever, you just put egg on your face. How did you
get DURAN from DURON?

He did spell Athlon wrong though, so perhaps you could have another go?

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Malcolm Function

"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c1k0dd$spf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ]v[etaphoid wrote:
>
> > "KerplunKuK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:403d68cf$0$6851$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >
> >>Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
> >>both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
> >>Any useful links?

> > Duran Duran were a 5-piece band, whereas A-Ha were just a trio.

Accordingly
> > it is fair to surmise that all other things being equal, Duran Duran

will be
> > better.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >

> In an attempt to be clever, you just put egg on your face. How did you
> get DURAN from DURON?
>
> He did spell Athlon wrong though, so perhaps you could have another go?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Oldus Fartus

And you spelt Old wrong. Get over it egg boi.