Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > msconfig

msconfig

Rob

In Run, when I type msconfig, it gives me a messege telling me that it
cannot find msconfig.

I am running windows xp pro. edition. Can any one help me to restore my
msconfig?

Thank.

Rob

Ant

Hi, Go to Run, type cmd, OK, at the command prompt, type ipconfig. That's
it.

Ant.

news:hKR_b.16808$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> In Run, when I type msconfig, it gives me a messege telling me that it
> cannot find msconfig.
>
> I am running windows xp pro. edition. Can any one help me to restore my
> msconfig?
>
> Thank.
>
> Rob

Pauline Johnson

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:15:51 -0000, "Ant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi, Go to Run, type cmd, OK, at the command prompt, type ipconfig. That's
>it.
>
>Ant.

Isn't that a different thing to msconfig?

Ipconfig is a DOS utility which can be used from MS-DOS and a MS-DOS
shell to display the network settings currently assigned and given by
a network. This command can be utilized to verify a network connection
as well as to verify your network settings.

--
Paulie

pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com

Budweiser

"Ant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GOR_b.2767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Go to Run, type cmd, OK, at the command prompt, type ipconfig. That's
> it.
>
> Ant.
>
> "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hKR_b.16808$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > In Run, when I type msconfig, it gives me a messege telling me that it
> > cannot find msconfig.
> >
> > I am running windows xp pro. edition. Can any one help me to restore my
> > msconfig?
> >
> > Thank.
> >
> > Rob

I may be regarded as a loon----but msconfig is completely different to
ipconfig
Rob i have no idea why you do not have that function---on the daft side, are
you running software that may deny this?--not that i have come across
one--the likes of pc medic/washers etc

On another tac---does fdisk/mbr work with xp?---probably going to get
slapped for that ,but would like to know the answer----was kind of a "magic
bullet" on previous o/s

Max

"Ant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GOR_b.2767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Go to Run, type cmd, OK, at the command prompt, type ipconfig. That's
> it.
>
> Ant.
>
> "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hKR_b.16808$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > In Run, when I type msconfig, it gives me a messege telling me that it
> > cannot find msconfig.
> >
> > I am running windows xp pro. edition. Can any one help me to restore my
> > msconfig?
> >
> > Thank.
> >
> > Rob

msconfig is not the same as ipconfig.

Ipconfig is your tcp/ip settings

msconfig is settings on your pc like startup files etc.

msconfig i think was excluded from 2000 but as you run xp you should have
it, perhaps its been deleted.

I think you can download it here -
http://www.thetechguide.com/downloads.html - it can also be ran on 2000 pcs
for anyone who is interested.

Max

°Mike°

Check that it exists in [Drive]:\Windows\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries
If not, open a command prompt, and type:

sfc /scannow

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:10:53 GMT, in
<hKR_b.16808$(E-Mail Removed) >
Rob scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

What has ipconfig got to do with msconfig?

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:15:51 -0000, in
<GOR_b.2767$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ant scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Win 98SE MSCONFIG.EXE Ed Wireless Networking 1 01-24-2005 08:45 PM
msconfig ? Bill H Computer Support 3 08-05-2003 08:23 AM
Task Manager & msconfig Larry Computer Support 0 08-03-2003 05:07 PM
Re: MSCONFIG EXPERTS WANTED!! user@domain.invalid Computer Support 0 07-16-2003 07:24 PM
msconfig query Henry S C Computer Support 5 07-05-2003 04:45 PM

Advertisments