Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spin

Bruce

Why when I put a CDROM in my DVD drive the light flickers as it reads the CD
but then remains on? I've checked the cables and the jumper settings and
they are correct.

Bruce

°Mike°

If you are *certain* that the cable is in the correct
orientation, replace the cable.

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:18:22 -0000, in
<T1Q_b.5987$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bruce scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

boon

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:T1Q_b.5987$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why when I put a CDROM in my DVD drive the light flickers as it reads the

CD
> but then remains on? I've checked the cables and the jumper settings and
> they are correct.
>
> Bruce

Does the DVD drive read ok? If so, this is normal. The light remains on when
a cd/dvd is inserted in most modern dvd/cd/cdr drives as it does on both my
dvd and cdr drives