Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OpenGL error, some1 help, if u know...:-)

OpenGL error, some1 help, if u know...:-)

Ben

I play Counter-Strike, and before I reinstalled everything about 2 months
ago, I could switch to desktop, go on the web, then continue the game
without a problem. The thing is that before I was able to do that, I had the
same problem as I am having now, if I switch to desktop, fine, but when I go
back to the game, I am switched back to the desktop with the following Fatal
Error:

Unable to set OpenGL context.

this is followed by hl.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x0a6e2ad9" referenced memory at "0x0a984230". The
memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program.

Any ideas. Like I said, I had this problem before, one day, it vanished.
When I reinstalled the software, the problem re-appeared, and its annoying
cuz I have a norton firewall running, and everytime a hacker attempts to
hack me, I get a warning message, which switches me to desktop. I can turn
that off, but I still want to be able to switch between the game and
desktop, I could before!

Thanx

Specs:
P4 2.53GHz, 1024 MB DDR 333 RAM, 80GB, 120GB SATA, WinXP SP1 with all
updates, Matrox G550, M-Audio Delta 1010LT Audiocard, SoundBlaster Live
Platinum Soundcard, Firewire Card.

°Mike°

Update your video card drivers, and DirectX.

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:19:36 -0000, in
<NIL_b.8825$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ben scrawled:

--