Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > reading e-mail with attachments

reading e-mail with attachments

How do i read e-mail attachments?

eric the seal

I was highly tempted to say, "Read the enclosed attachment"... Sorry, if any
one has a sense of humour they don't want, I could do with it..

Please tell us, what software you are using? Outlook Express, Outlook, too
many to list...

:: How do i read e-mail attachments?

---

trout

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> How do i read e-mail attachments?

It depends upon the type of attachment. Generally, clicking on it,
and choosing "Open", will invoke whatever program is associated with
that type of program (photo, sound file, etc.).
The option will be removed by default in OE6. To enable this, you go
to Tools; Options; Security, and remove the restriction.
Note: this is a potential security risk. If there's *any* doubt
about the attachment, or the sender; it should first be 'saved to disk',
and then scanned with a reliable anti-virus program *before* opening.
And recognizing the Sender does not guarantee that the attachment is
safe to open.
--
"Safety first."

trout

trout wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> How do i read e-mail attachments?

> It depends upon the type of attachment. Generally, clicking on it,
> and choosing "Open", will invoke whatever program is associated with
> that type of program* (photo, sound file, etc.).

*Whoops. That should have read "that type of *file*".

--
"Need...more.....coffee."

reid decker

Maybe you could click on the paper clip at the right.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:shJ_b.111467$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> How do i read e-mail attachments?

bardeban

tools/option/security/uncheck do not allow attachment.......
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:shJ_b.111467$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> How do i read e-mail attachments?

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:shJ_b.111467$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> How do i read e-mail attachments?

I usually use my eyes.

Now - do you mean "How do I open attachments in Outlook Express
6.0SP1 when it says 'Access to the attachment has been denied due to a
possible virus' " ?

RwP