Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What's this & these progs?

What's this & these progs?

gary

Hi,
Occasionally when i turn on the pc from shutdown, when the esktop
appears, i get a rectangle box saying: MSPER ERROR or LEXPRO ERROR & the
programme has performed an illegal operation & will shut down. What's this?

Also, i have Zone Alarm & when accessing certain websites, i get Zone alarm
poping up & reminding me if i want certain things to access the internet. I
know ' windows media player ' obviously, but whats these:-
MBM8HELP.V.EXE
Q3567836.EXE
WAOL.EXE
WINRAR.EXE
HOL63628888.EXE
LOADER APPLICATION.EXE

I don't know wether i should allow them access or not, they are stored in
Zone Alarms programmes, should i deny them. Help.
Thanks
Gary

Trent C

Go to www.google.com and type in each program to get an answer.

"gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c1flia$b3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> Occasionally when i turn on the pc from shutdown, when the esktop
> appears, i get a rectangle box saying: MSPER ERROR or LEXPRO ERROR & the
> programme has performed an illegal operation & will shut down. What's

this?

> Also, i have Zone Alarm & when accessing certain websites, i get Zone

alarm
> poping up & reminding me if i want certain things to access the internet.

> know ' windows media player ' obviously, but whats these:-
> MBM8HELP.V.EXE
> Q3567836.EXE
> WAOL.EXE
> WINRAR.EXE
> HOL63628888.EXE
> LOADER APPLICATION.EXE
>
> I don't know wether i should allow them access or not, they are stored in
> Zone Alarms programmes, should i deny them. Help.
> Thanks
> Gary

trout

gary wrote:

> Hi,
> Occasionally when i turn on the pc from shutdown, when the esktop
> appears, i get a rectangle box saying: MSPER ERROR or LEXPRO ERROR &
> the programme has performed an illegal operation & will shut down.
> What's this?
>
> Also, i have Zone Alarm & when accessing certain websites, i get Zone
> alarm poping up & reminding me if i want certain things to access the
> internet. I know ' windows media player ' obviously, but whats these:-
> MBM8HELP.V.EXE
> Q3567836.EXE
> WAOL.EXE
> WINRAR.EXE
> HOL63628888.EXE
> LOADER APPLICATION.EXE
>
> I don't know wether i should allow them access or not, they are
> stored in Zone Alarms programmes, should i deny them. Help.
> Thanks
> Gary

I'm not familiar with (or feel like looking up) all those programs,
but if you don't do regular scans for spy/adware; you should. Use both
of these free programs, and keep them updated:

Spybot Search & Destroy
<http://security.kolla.de/>

Ad-Aware
<http://www.lavasoftusa.com/>

I assume that you regularly use an anti-virus of some sort, as well.
It's sometimes a good idea to double-check with an on-line scan, such
as:
<http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp>
--
"The 'loader' application sounds particularly suspicious."

°Mike°

Download, update and use *all* of the following,
particularly CWShredder, in your case:

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:01:40 -0000, in
<c1flia$b3$(E-Mail Removed)>
gary scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

gary

Thanks, i run adaware regularly, but that tends to erase cookies & isn't the
cwshredder for the coolwebsearch trojan viruses?
°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Download, update and use *all* of the following,
> particularly CWShredder, in your case:
>
> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
> http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
> http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
>
> Spybot Search & Destroy
> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
> http://www.safer-networking.org/
> http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
> SpyBot S&D guide
> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
> http://www.lavasoft.nu/
>
> Spyware Blaster
> http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html
>

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:01:40 -0000, in
> <c1flia$b3$(E-Mail Removed)>
> gary scrawled:
>
> >Hi,
> > Occasionally when i turn on the pc from shutdown, when the esktop
> >appears, i get a rectangle box saying: MSPER ERROR or LEXPRO ERROR & the
> >programme has performed an illegal operation & will shut down. What's

this?

> >Also, i have Zone Alarm & when accessing certain websites, i get Zone

alarm
> >poping up & reminding me if i want certain things to access the internet.

> >know ' windows media player ' obviously, but whats these:-
> >MBM8HELP.V.EXE
> >Q3567836.EXE
> >WAOL.EXE
> >WINRAR.EXE
> >HOL63628888.EXE
> >LOADER APPLICATION.EXE
> >
> >I don't know wether i should allow them access or not, they are stored in
> >Zone Alarms programmes, should i deny them. Help.
> >Thanks
> >Gary
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

What part of "use *all* of the following" don't
you understand? Each program has it's own
method of detection and removal. One will
detect what the other may not. In the case
of SpywareBlaster, it doesn't remove, it prevents
known malware from being installed in the first
place. And no, CWShredder is NOT for viruses
and trojans, it is specifically created to remove
the tenacious CoolWebSearch hijacker only.
The files you mention look like CoolWebSearch
variants.

<Rant>
Either do it, or don't. I'm getting tired of having
to repeat myself, because people can't be bothered
to read advice, or links.
</rant>

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:15:00 -0000, in
<c1glvt$v5$(E-Mail Removed)>
gary scrawled:

>Thanks, i run adaware regularly, but that tends to erase cookies & isn't the
>cwshredder for the coolwebsearch trojan viruses?
>
>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Download, update and use *all* of the following,
>> particularly CWShredder, in your case:
>>
>> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
>> http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
>> http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
>>
>> Spybot Search & Destroy
>> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
>> http://www.safer-networking.org/
>> http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
>> SpyBot S&D guide
>> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
>>
>> Ad-Aware
>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
>> http://www.lavasoft.nu/
>>
>> Spyware Blaster
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
>> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>> http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html
>>

>> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:01:40 -0000, in
>> <c1flia$b3$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> gary scrawled:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> > Occasionally when i turn on the pc from shutdown, when the esktop
>> >appears, i get a rectangle box saying: MSPER ERROR or LEXPRO ERROR & the
>> >programme has performed an illegal operation & will shut down. What's

>this?
>> >
>> >Also, i have Zone Alarm & when accessing certain websites, i get Zone

>alarm
>> >poping up & reminding me if i want certain things to access the internet.

>> >know ' windows media player ' obviously, but whats these:-
>> >MBM8HELP.V.EXE
>> >Q3567836.EXE
>> >WAOL.EXE
>> >WINRAR.EXE
>> >HOL63628888.EXE
>> >LOADER APPLICATION.EXE
>> >
>> >I don't know wether i should allow them access or not, they are stored in
>> >Zone Alarms programmes, should i deny them. Help.
>> >Thanks
>> >Gary
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

gary

Ye, i RUN ALL & they are still there. cwshredder & hijack this say all's
clear, as does AGV.
°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What part of "use *all* of the following" don't
> you understand? Each program has it's own
> method of detection and removal. One will
> detect what the other may not. In the case
> of SpywareBlaster, it doesn't remove, it prevents
> known malware from being installed in the first
> place. And no, CWShredder is NOT for viruses
> and trojans, it is specifically created to remove
> the tenacious CoolWebSearch hijacker only.
> The files you mention look like CoolWebSearch
> variants.
>
> <Rant>
> Either do it, or don't. I'm getting tired of having
> to repeat myself, because people can't be bothered
> to read advice, or links.
> </rant>
>

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:15:00 -0000, in
> <c1glvt$v5$(E-Mail Removed)>
> gary scrawled:
>
> >Thanks, i run adaware regularly, but that tends to erase cookies & isn't

the
> >cwshredder for the coolwebsearch trojan viruses?
> >
> >°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Download, update and use *all* of the following,
> >> particularly CWShredder, in your case:
> >>
> >> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
> >> http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
> >> http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
> >>
> >> Spybot Search & Destroy
> >> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
> >> http://www.safer-networking.org/
> >> http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
> >> SpyBot S&D guide
> >> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
> >>
> >> Ad-Aware
> >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
> >> http://www.lavasoft.nu/
> >>
> >> Spyware Blaster
> >> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
> >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
> >> http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html
> >>

> >> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:01:40 -0000, in
> >> <c1flia$b3$(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> gary scrawled:

the

> >this?

> >alarm

internet.

in

> >> --
> >> Basic computer maintenance

> Basic computer maintenance

gary

Again, is the spybot, search & destroy similar to AVG which i have, i update
regularly.Should i use all my harddrive space up with anti virus software?,
i'm probably showing my inexperience here, but everyone is an expert in
their own field & this isn't mine!
trout <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c1ftdl$1hrqn4$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> gary wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Occasionally when i turn on the pc from shutdown, when the esktop
> > appears, i get a rectangle box saying: MSPER ERROR or LEXPRO ERROR &
> > the programme has performed an illegal operation & will shut down.
> > What's this?
> >
> > Also, i have Zone Alarm & when accessing certain websites, i get Zone
> > alarm poping up & reminding me if i want certain things to access the
> > internet. I know ' windows media player ' obviously, but whats these:-
> > MBM8HELP.V.EXE
> > Q3567836.EXE
> > WAOL.EXE
> > WINRAR.EXE
> > HOL63628888.EXE
> > LOADER APPLICATION.EXE
> >
> > I don't know wether i should allow them access or not, they are
> > stored in Zone Alarms programmes, should i deny them. Help.
> > Thanks
> > Gary

> I'm not familiar with (or feel like looking up) all those programs,
> but if you don't do regular scans for spy/adware; you should. Use both
> of these free programs, and keep them updated:
>
> Spybot Search & Destroy
> <http://security.kolla.de/>
>
> Ad-Aware
> <http://www.lavasoftusa.com/>
>
> I assume that you regularly use an anti-virus of some sort, as well.
> It's sometimes a good idea to double-check with an on-line scan, such
> as:
> <http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp>
> --
> "The 'loader' application sounds particularly suspicious."

Brian H¹©

gary said:

> Again, is the spybot, search & destroy similar to AVG which i have, i update
> regularly.Should i use all my harddrive space up with anti virus software?,
> i'm probably showing my inexperience here, but everyone is an expert in
> their own field & this isn't mine!

AVG is anti-virus, spyware killers are not anti-virus.

> trout <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c1ftdl$1hrqn4$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> gary wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Occasionally when i turn on the pc from shutdown, when the esktop
>>> appears, i get a rectangle box saying: MSPER ERROR or LEXPRO ERROR &
>>> the programme has performed an illegal operation & will shut down.
>>> What's this?
>>>
>>> Also, i have Zone Alarm & when accessing certain websites, i get Zone
>>> alarm poping up & reminding me if i want certain things to access the
>>> internet. I know ' windows media player ' obviously, but whats these:-
>>> MBM8HELP.V.EXE
>>> Q3567836.EXE
>>> WAOL.EXE
>>> WINRAR.EXE
>>> HOL63628888.EXE
>>> LOADER APPLICATION.EXE
>>>
>>> I don't know wether i should allow them access or not, they are
>>> stored in Zone Alarms programmes, should i deny them. Help.
>>> Thanks
>>> Gary

>> I'm not familiar with (or feel like looking up) all those programs,
>> but if you don't do regular scans for spy/adware; you should. Use both
>> of these free programs, and keep them updated:
>>
>> Spybot Search & Destroy
>> <http://security.kolla.de/>
>>
>> Ad-Aware
>> <http://www.lavasoftusa.com/>
>>
>> I assume that you regularly use an anti-virus of some sort, as well.
>> It's sometimes a good idea to double-check with an on-line scan, such
>> as:
>> <http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp>
>> --
>> "The 'loader' application sounds particularly suspicious."

Dan Shea

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:50:51 -0000, "gary"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ye, i RUN ALL & they are still there. cwshredder & hijack this say all's
>clear, as does AGV.

Did you download and run AdAware, SpyBot, and Spyware Blaster as well?
Then you're clear. (Well, that is, if you trust AVG. Frankly, I'd
get a better anti-virus program, or at least visit something like
housecall.antivirus.com to scan my computer.)

If you want to know what those programs are, the first reply in this
thread (from Trent C) has already told you how to find out. Go to
www.google.com and do a search on each filename.

Cheers,
dan