Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows 98SE username and company name

Windows 98SE username and company name

Root

When we install Win 98SE we input user and company name in a box.
Subsequently how do one edit/modify these names?

Also how do one put in information in the General tab under System
Properties box?

Thanks!

eric the seal

The Company IT people that set up this will be able to tell you.

I won't --- someone who had borrowed a computer from work may see this
information and then change the settings on their computer and then maybe
forget that they had only borrowed it...

"Root" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c1f8ot$n61$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When we install Win 98SE we input user and company name in a box.
> Subsequently how do one edit/modify these names?
>
> Also how do one put in information in the General tab under System
> Properties box?
>
> Thanks!

---

DAN

Click Start - Run then type "regedit" without the quotes and hit OK.

Then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion

RegisteredOrganization
RegisterdOwner

Change the values in the right hand pane.
Be very careful, this is the registry you are dealing with here. BACKUP the
registry first.

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

news:(E-Mail Removed)...