Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Newsgroup messages

Newsgroup messages

unme

Something has messed up my settings re my newsgroups. Previously they
downloaded with each thread grouped together with a + sign at the side.

Now they download & each single message is visible.

Is there a setting I can use to put things back to the previous method. I am
using XP Home with Outlook Express 6.

Thanks for looking.

Patrick

unme wrote:
> Something has messed up my settings re my newsgroups. Previously they
> downloaded with each thread grouped together with a + sign at the
> side.
>
> Now they download & each single message is visible.
>
> Is there a setting I can use to put things back to the previous
> method. I am using XP Home with Outlook Express 6.
>
> Thanks for looking.

'View' menu
'Current View >'
Make sure that thiere is a tick against 'Group Messages by Conversation'

°Mike°

View / Current View / Group messages by conversation.

And your Outlook Express is not up to date, by the way.

Install the cumulative update, and then visit Windows Update.

Outlook Express
April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...94/default.asp

Internet Explorer
February 2004 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (832894)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...n/ms04-004.asp

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:07:36 -0000, in
<c1e4k9$1gbmf7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
unme scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

anthonyberet

unme wrote:
> Something has messed up my settings re my newsgroups. Previously they
> downloaded with each thread grouped together with a + sign at the
> side.
>
> Now they download & each single message is visible.
>
> Is there a setting I can use to put things back to the previous
> method. I am using XP Home with Outlook Express 6.

Go to tools>options>read tab.
untick "expand grouped messages".

unme

Thanks to those who replied, things are now normal again.

Cheers

news:403aa920$0$61974$(E-Mail Removed) ...