Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Intermittant error on checking emails with Outlook

Intermittant error on checking emails with Outlook

Polite

Am using Win XP Home and Outlook 2000 SR1.
I have four email addresses and am on tiscali broadband.
Intermittantly, when checking send and receive, one or more of the
four email accounts will return the following error:
"The tcpp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by server - Error
no 0x800ccc0f"

If I do nothing - the fault sometimes goes away.
If I reboot - the fault sometimes goes away.
If I delete the account then re-enter it, the problem usually goes
away but not always.

This fault is intermittant and usually, eventually fixes itself.

It is a real pain. Anyone any suggestions as to how I can prevent it
reoccuring?

Thanks in advance...

°Mike°

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:50:55 +0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Polite scrawled:

<snip>
>"The tcpp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by server - Error
>no 0x800ccc0f"

This is a server side error -- contact Tiscali.

>This fault is intermittant and usually, eventually fixes itself.

Exactly.

>It is a real pain. Anyone any suggestions as to how I can prevent it
>reoccuring?

See above.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Bob

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:50:55 +0000, Polite wrote:

> Am using Win XP Home and Outlook 2000 SR1.
> I have four email addresses and am on tiscali broadband.
> Intermittantly, when checking send and receive, one or more of the
> four email accounts will return the following error:
> "The tcpp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by server - Error
> no 0x800ccc0f"
>
> If I do nothing - the fault sometimes goes away.
> If I reboot - the fault sometimes goes away.
> If I delete the account then re-enter it, the problem usually goes
> away but not always.
>
> This fault is intermittant and usually, eventually fixes itself.
>
> It is a real pain. Anyone any suggestions as to how I can prevent it
> reoccuring?
>
> Thanks in advance...

It's very possible your ISP has limited the concurrent connections allowed
from a single IP address, in a specified time period. I would tell your
ISP what you're attempting to do and see what they say. I limit my
mailserver to 2 concurrent connections from the same IP, many people do
because of spammers, etc. Try checking two accounts at the same time,
wait 5 minutes and try the last two. I have mine configured for 2
concurrent connections, 5 minute retry time. If you connect twice at the
same time, like send/receive will do, you can not connect a third time
ever, but you also can't connect again for 5 minutes after your last
dropped connection.
~Bob

Polite

This would explain everything!

I do think you've hit on the answer... THANK YOU!!!

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:34:06 -0500, Bob
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:50:55 +0000, Polite wrote:
>
>> Am using Win XP Home and Outlook 2000 SR1.
>> I have four email addresses and am on tiscali broadband.
>> Intermittantly, when checking send and receive, one or more of the
>> four email accounts will return the following error:
>> "The tcpp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by server - Error
>> no 0x800ccc0f"
>>
>> If I do nothing - the fault sometimes goes away.
>> If I reboot - the fault sometimes goes away.
>> If I delete the account then re-enter it, the problem usually goes
>> away but not always.
>>
>> This fault is intermittant and usually, eventually fixes itself.
>>
>> It is a real pain. Anyone any suggestions as to how I can prevent it
>> reoccuring?
>>
>> Thanks in advance...

>It's very possible your ISP has limited the concurrent connections allowed
>from a single IP address, in a specified time period. I would tell your
>ISP what you're attempting to do and see what they say. I limit my
>mailserver to 2 concurrent connections from the same IP, many people do
>because of spammers, etc. Try checking two accounts at the same time,
>wait 5 minutes and try the last two. I have mine configured for 2
>concurrent connections, 5 minute retry time. If you connect twice at the
>same time, like send/receive will do, you can not connect a third time
>ever, but you also can't connect again for 5 minutes after your last
>dropped connection.
>~Bob

Polite

Bob,

How did you configure 2 concurrent connections from the same IP???

How would I configure my Outlook to alternately check just for 2
accounts then the other 2 accounts some few minutes later???

Is this at all possible???

Thanks...