Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MSN Messenger question

MSN Messenger question

Jim & Lil

Hello. I bought a new computer that came with MSN Messenger. To start the
software, it wanted me to Register my E:mail adress with them etc...so I was
setting everything up. It then wanted my home phone # adress etc and I don't
put in any true phone numbers or adresses as I don't want solicitation. Then
it asked me my age so I threw in a ficticious age....something like June 12,
2001. I then get everything all done and then click on a chat line and I get
a red screen that says I can not go online because I am under the age of 18
! How do I fix this? I went into the profile section and I can change the
age for other folks to read, but can't change the hard settings that I sent
MSN. Am I gonna have to wait till 2019 before I am able to go online? Thanks
for any responses on this...Jim

Robbo

> Hello. I bought a new computer that came with MSN Messenger. To start the
> software, it wanted me to Register my E:mail adress with them etc...so I

was
> setting everything up. It then wanted my home phone # adress etc and I

don't
> put in any true phone numbers or adresses as I don't want solicitation.

Then
> it asked me my age so I threw in a ficticious age....something like June

12,
> 2001. I then get everything all done and then click on a chat line and I

get
> a red screen that says I can not go online because I am under the age of

18
> ! How do I fix this? I went into the profile section and I can change

the
> age for other folks to read, but can't change the hard settings that I

sent
> MSN. Am I gonna have to wait till 2019 before I am able to go online?

Thanks
> for any responses on this...Jim

Ignore the log in name, log in as a new user and create a new profile
including any information you *want* to use.
This time put a realistic age in

Jim & Lil

Thanks Robbo...got it working

news:c1dikn$1gjfn8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...