Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Scanner

Scanner

Sierra

Would i be able to use another piece of software say paint shop pro?instead
of the software that came with my scanner?
Running win 98se,
If i did would i just delete the old software and install the new one?and
would it pick my scanner up etc
Many Thanks
Simon

joevan

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:16:28 -0000, "Sierra" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Would i be able to use another piece of software say paint shop pro?instead
>of the software that came with my scanner?
>Running win 98se,
>If i did would i just delete the old software and install the new one?and
>would it pick my scanner up etc
>Many Thanks
>Simon

I use paint shop all the time for scanner use.
Just go to file, then acquire, it should bring up the scanner.
joevan

Gary G. Taylor

Sierra wrote:

> Would i be able to use another piece of software say paint shop
> pro?instead of the software that came with my scanner?
> Running win 98se,
> If i did would i just delete the old software and install the new one?and
> would it pick my scanner up etc
> Many Thanks
> Simon

Leave your scanner software installed, since it has the driver that
interfaces other devices to the scanner (usually called the TWAIN driver).
With that driver, other "acquiring" software such as Paintshop, etc., will
quite happily use the scanner.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

geothermal

Sierra wrote:

> Would i be able to use another piece of software say paint shop pro?instead
> of the software that came with my scanner?
> Running win 98se,
> If i did would i just delete the old software and install the new one?and
> would it pick my scanner up etc
> Many Thanks
> Simon

http://makeashorterlink.com/?U2E6129E7