Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Have two ATA100 Seagate drives in a vp6, one IDE channel comes up as mode 5 in winxp but the other channel is stuck in mode 4

Reply
Thread Tools

Have two ATA100 Seagate drives in a vp6, one IDE channel comes up as mode 5 in winxp but the other channel is stuck in mode 4

 
 
Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2004

now this one is truely puzzeling!

ST340016A is on HDD-0 with windows XP loaded and is set to mode 4
/UDMA 66 and is connected as primary (no slave connected).

ST380011A is on HDD-1 with windows XP loaded is sitting on mode 5 /
UDMA100 without a problems.


Both drives have ATA100/133 brand new rounded IDE cables attached.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 03:58:45 -0500, Tim wrote:

Please don't put your entire question in the subject line, it was a
question?

The VP6 is the ABIT motherboard for a PIII?

Some motherboards have IDE0/1 UDMA33/66 and the RAID/IDE 2/3 as 66/100.

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/...es=1&model=111

The d/l manual doesn't allow cut/paste, however in the IDE1/2
description it mentions IDE Hard DIsks, CDROM, LS-120 while the IDE3/4
Highpoint HPT360 chipset to support ATA-100 specifications 2 channels
that also support ATA-100.

>now this one is truely puzzeling!
>
>ST340016A is on HDD-0 with windows XP loaded and is set to mode 4
>/UDMA 66 and is connected as primary (no slave connected).
>
>ST380011A is on HDD-1 with windows XP loaded is sitting on mode 5 /
>UDMA100 without a problems.


>Both drives have ATA100/133 brand new rounded IDE cables attached.


It's not only cables , it's the drive which you said are ATA-100 and
it's the interface. You need to have all 3 match capabilities.

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Misa Mirkovic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2004

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> now this one is truely puzzeling!
>
> ST340016A is on HDD-0 with windows XP loaded and is set to mode 4
> /UDMA 66 and is connected as primary (no slave connected).
>
> ST380011A is on HDD-1 with windows XP loaded is sitting on mode 5 /
> UDMA100 without a problems.
>
>
> Both drives have ATA100/133 brand new rounded IDE cables attached.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:57:08 GMT, why?
<fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

>
>On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 03:58:45 -0500, Tim wrote:
>
>Please don't put your entire question in the subject line, it was a
>question?
>
>The VP6 is the ABIT motherboard for a PIII?
>
>Some motherboards have IDE0/1 UDMA33/66 and the RAID/IDE 2/3 as 66/100.
>
>http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/...es=1&model=111
>
>The d/l manual doesn't allow cut/paste, however in the IDE1/2
>description it mentions IDE Hard DIsks, CDROM, LS-120 while the IDE3/4
>Highpoint HPT360 chipset to support ATA-100 specifications 2 channels
>that also support ATA-100.
>
>
>It's not only cables , it's the drive which you said are ATA-100 and
>it's the interface. You need to have all 3 match capabilities.
>
>Me




Neither drives are connected to the ATA100 RAID controller.

On the VP6 the interface for both the RAID and the 2 other IDE
channels are ATA-100 capable. If not my other 80GB Seagate drive would
not be operating in mode 5/ATA-100. Nothing is connected to the RAID.
Is that what you meant?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losing Drives - Finding Drives - Losing Drives mel@no.spam.com Computer Support 2 09-21-2007 10:16 PM
Primary IDE Channel Device 0 stuck in PIO mode SheriL@sheri.kom Computer Support 3 09-11-2007 01:57 AM
IDE ATA100 Harddrive USB cable news.xtra.co.nz NZ Computing 14 01-09-2006 04:30 AM
Using Sata and ATA100 drives simultaneously jedmeister NZ Computing 3 06-22-2005 10:21 PM
Question re Promise Ultra ATA100 TX2 IDE (PCI) controller card Jimmy Dean Computer Support 2 07-31-2004 12:42 AM



Advertisments