Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > winipcfg

winipcfg

Enforcement Team

When I type this in the run winipcfg command it says
Windows cannot find winipcfg. Make sure you have typed the name correct.
and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then
click Search...

Any help on this.

Flixis

"Enforcement Team" <etew@.com> wrote in news:c175o2$3k2$1
@sparta.btinternet.com:

> When I type this in the run winipcfg command it says
> Windows cannot find winipcfg. Make sure you have typed the name

correct.
> and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and

then
> click Search...
>
> Any help on this.

winipcfg is for 95, 98, and ME

If your running NT, 2k, XP..etc, then you will have to go to the command
line (run --> cmd) and use ipconfig instead:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig /all

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Main
Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : XXXXXXXXXXXX
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : XXXXXXXXXXXX
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.X.X
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.X.X
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.X.X
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : X.X.X.X
X.X.X.X
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, February 21, 2004
X:34:05
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, February 24, 2004
X:34:05

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>

why?

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:43:46 +0000 (UTC), Enforcement Team wrote:

>When I type this in the run winipcfg command it says
> Windows cannot find winipcfg. Make sure you have typed the name correct.

The version of Windows was?

For WinNT4 it's in the resource kit CDs, and Win2000 in resource kit and
a d/l from the MS site IIRC and called 'wntipcfg' for both.

For what version comes / works in different Windows, see
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=wi...pport.helpdesk
Searched English messages for
winipcfg wntipcfg
group:24hoursupport.helpdesk. in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Results 1 - 10 of about 24. Search took 0.31 seconds.

>and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then
>click Search...

Start/Run/ type in 'cmd' or 'command' then click OK.

Then type ipconfig /? on a Win 2000 box you get,

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

USAGE:
ipconfig [/? | /all | /release [adapter] | /renew [adapter]
| /flushdns | /registerdns
| /showclassid adapter
| /setclassid adapter [classidtoset] ]

adapter Full name or pattern with '*' and '?' to 'match',
* matches any character, ? matches one character.
/? Display this help message.
/all Display full configuration information.
/release Release the IP address for the specified adapter.
/renew Renew the IP address for the specified adapter.
/flushdns Purges the DNS Resolver cache.
/registerdns Refreshes all DHCP leases and re-registers DNS names
/displaydns Display the contents of the DNS Resolver Cache.
/showclassid Displays all the dhcp class IDs allowed for adapter.
/setclassid Modifies the dhcp class id.

The default is to display only the IP address, subnet mask and
default gateway for each adapter bound to TCP/IP.

For Release and Renew, if no adapter name is specified, then the IP
address
leases for all adapters bound to TCP/IP will be released or renewed.

For SetClassID, if no class id is specified, then the classid is
removed.

Examples:
> ipconfig ... Show information.
> ipconfig /all ... Show detailed information
> ipconfig /renew ... renew all adapaters
> ipconfig /renew EL* ... renew adapters named EL....
> ipconfig /release *ELINK?21* ... release all matching adapters,

eg. ELINK-21,
myELELINKi21adapter.

>Any help on this.

Maybe

Me

Bruce T. Berger

You wouldn't by any chance be running Win XP? If so, run "command", then
ipconfig /all. Try to provide more complete info in your posts, it cuts down
on the guessing. (Actually this will still function as a workaround in Win
98/Me).

btb

"Enforcement Team" <etew@.com> wrote in message
news:c175o2$3k2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I type this in the run winipcfg command it says
> Windows cannot find winipcfg. Make sure you have typed the name correct.
> and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then
> click Search...
>
> Any help on this.

Spider

Enforcement Team wrote:

> When I type this in the run winipcfg command it says
> Windows cannot find winipcfg. Make sure you have typed the name correct.
> and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then
> click Search...
>
> Any help on this.

If you prefer the graphical over the command prompt get this tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...wntipcfg-o.asp

--

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

Misa Mirkovic

"Enforcement Team" <etew@.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:c175o2$3k2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I type this in the run winipcfg command it says
> Windows cannot find winipcfg. Make sure you have typed the name correct.
> and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then
> click Search...
>
> Any help on this.

Sheep-Raper

yeah winipcfg only works in win95/98 and ME i think. In Win 2000 and
windows XP its ipconfig.

Regards. : )

<etew@.com> wrote:

>When I type this in the run winipcfg command it says
> Windows cannot find winipcfg. Make sure you have typed the name correct.
>and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then
>click Search...
>
>Any help on this.

Enforcement Team

"Sheep-Raper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> yeah winipcfg only works in win95/98 and ME i think. In Win 2000 and
> windows XP its ipconfig.

Yea just found that. Thanks Guys

Winipcfg Zeddi Computer Support 5 04-11-2005 04:09 AM
can't release all with winipcfg Jack Moore Computer Support 1 03-15-2005 01:06 AM
Need winipcfg command for XP KungFusion Computer Support 8 06-15-2004 03:09 AM
ipconfig and winipcfg : What Do They Do ? Robert11 Computer Support 2 02-05-2004 02:37 AM
winipcfg JJ Computer Support 6 11-18-2003 04:11 PM

Advertisments