Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows server 2003

Windows server 2003

soenita@habitatcuracaoresort.com

Hello, I'm a student studying Information Technology at the University
of The Netherlands Antilles. I was wondering if someone could help me
understand the following terms in the Windows server 2003 envoirnment.
The terms are:
- What is OU (organizational Units) can someone explain this to me with
a 'real life' example and for what is an OU used??
- Group
- Group Policy
- User
- Active Directory
- Domain en Child domain
- What are Site Links and where are these being used or when?
- What is the difference between working groups and a Domain? When
should I use a Domain instead of a working group?
- What is DHCP and how does this work? what are the advantages of this?
Can anyone explain these terms to me please. It would be a great help
to me.
Please email me these answers to my email adres:
Thank you in advance!!!
Regards,
Soenita

Tom Eirik Jensen

OU's are catalogs that you want to make, to build your organisation virtual
on your machine. Naturally in a school you would have students in one OU and
teachers in a different. There are many settings you kan give the students
but not teachers. You apply settings with a GPO (Group Policy Objekts) to an
OU.

Group's are used to manage security on the filesystem, printers and
different resources in the network. You apply users to a global group.

AD (Active Directory) is a central database with users, machines, all
resources. When you make a AD you have to name it, that is an domainname.

Sites are used when you use child domain or more than one domain controllers
that is placed on drifferent places, with a week line. The domain
controllers are replicated when you want, to ...... don't used the line all
the time.

DHCP are leasing IP adresses to machines in the local network.

<(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...