Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cleaning my LCD monitor

cleaning my LCD monitor

don

What is the best way to clean an LCD monitor?

Harrison

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 01:20:00 -0500, "don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What is the best way to clean an LCD monitor?

http://www.klearscreen.com/

Mike245

don wrote:

> What is the best way to clean an LCD monitor?

Spend the extra bucks and buy a specialized cleaner. Ordinary ammonia
(and other chemicals) containing cleaners like Windex will damage it.

--
Mike
Block Banner Ads Now

°Mike°

A damp, soft lint-free cloth (do NOT use solvents!), or a dry,
soft lint-free cloth with Isopropyl Alcohol. Clean with straight
strokes, in one direction only.

Under NO circumstances use any of the following, or substances
based on them:

Acetone
Ammonia
Ethyl Acid
Ethyl Alcohol
Methyl Chloride

Do NOT use paper towels - they are abrasive.
Only use "Computer Wipes" if they are specifically for LCD.

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 01:20:00 -0500, in
<c148pj$q3u$(E-Mail Removed)>
don scrawled:

>What is the best way to clean an LCD monitor?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Rick Merrill

don wrote:

> What is the best way to clean an LCD monitor?

There are products specificly for LCD screens.

AFTER you've cleaned it, you could consider
putting clear saranwrap over it - they actually
DO this in some machine shops that have grinding
dust and lubricant vapor in the air!-)

mickie

glasses lens spray cleaner from any optician!