Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > pop-up ad blockers

pop-up ad blockers

John Eye

I tried a few pop-up ad blockers, including Alto Software, Pop-up
killer (12 ghosts), and Pop-up Control Center, but deleted all, the
only one that works is Pop-up Stopper Professional from panicware.
However, this could be improved by giving you better access to seeing
the window that's being blocked, so you can decide if you want it.

Mike245

John Eye wrote:

> I tried a few pop-up ad blockers, including Alto Software, Pop-up

Switch to a browser with built-in intelligent pop-up blocking like
Mozilla or Firefox:

http://mozilla.org

--
Mike
Block Banner Ads Now

Misa Mirkovic

"Mike245" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> John Eye wrote:
>
> > I tried a few pop-up ad blockers, including Alto Software, Pop-up

> Switch to a browser with built-in intelligent pop-up blocking like
> Mozilla or Firefox:
>
> http://mozilla.org
>

> --
> Mike
> Block Banner Ads Now
> http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

JWooden271

IMHO, I like the built-in popup protection provided by Mozilla
(www.mozilla.org) or Opera (www.opera.com). Plus you get a better
browser (IE is slow and insecure!) as a part of the deal.

Popup Blockers Just D. ASP .Net 3 04-05-2006 11:23 AM
Ad-ware blockers -- not possible...the light bulb goes on... Rob R. Ainscough ASP .Net 4 01-26-2006 07:29 PM
AppletContext.showdocument() vs. popup-blockers Chris Berg Java 35 01-16-2005 02:49 PM
work around popup blockers Leo Muller ASP .Net 1 10-13-2004 09:53 AM
Pop-up and Cookie blockers still needed? William W. Plummer Firefox 5 07-03-2004 07:34 AM

Advertisments