Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > musicmatch jukebox

musicmatch jukebox

John Eye

I downloaded free trial of mj. First cd I ripped contained only their
32 second "ad" (obnoxious!!!) "UPGRADE NOW TO JUKEBOX PLUS!!! "
"I don't need this ****, my WMP9 works great". Uninstall, go back to
WMP, attempt to burn, get error message, "cd drive is in use". Turns
out it was a read only file planted on to my cd drive, with the same
'UPGRADE' message, which not only prevented me from burning cd's, but
would also run the ad on its own accord, no prompt needed! In other
words, it completly took over my player, leaving me only one option to
save the music I had already recorded onto Total Recorder; that was,
to download Jukebox Plus. I took advantage of the free 30 day trial
period, burned all my cds, uninstalled Plus, and then found they had
billed me the 19.99. Emailed them, they said they hadn't billed me.
Emailed again, didn't hear back. After 30 days from start of "free"
trial, went to my bank, got copy of my statement, emailed asking for
their fax address, so I could have bank send copy,: got refund. What
is wrong with these people? They force me to do a system restore (lose
all my data) (restore to an earlier date didn't work, it's a read only
file), just because I didn't like their product? By the way, try at
your own risk, but it really is inferior to Window Media Player.

Harrison

On 19 Feb 2004 21:56:59 -0800, (John Eye) wrote:

>I downloaded free trial of mj. First cd I ripped contained only their
>32 second "ad" (obnoxious!!!) "UPGRADE NOW TO JUKEBOX PLUS!!! "
>"I don't need this ****, my WMP9 works great". Uninstall, go back to
>WMP, attempt to burn, get error message, "cd drive is in use". Turns
>out it was a read only file planted on to my cd drive, with the same
>'UPGRADE' message, which not only prevented me from burning cd's, but
>would also run the ad on its own accord, no prompt needed! In other
>words, it completly took over my player, leaving me only one option to
>save the music I had already recorded onto Total Recorder; that was,
>to download Jukebox Plus. I took advantage of the free 30 day trial
>period, burned all my cds, uninstalled Plus, and then found they had
>billed me the 19.99. Emailed them, they said they hadn't billed me.
>Emailed again, didn't hear back. After 30 days from start of "free"
>trial, went to my bank, got copy of my statement, emailed asking for
>their fax address, so I could have bank send copy,: got refund. What
>is wrong with these people? They force me to do a system restore (lose
>all my data) (restore to an earlier date didn't work, it's a read only
>file), just because I didn't like their product? By the way, try at
>your own risk, but it really is inferior to Window Media Player.

Who the Hell are you talking to?
This isn't software review weekly.

LO&MsLO

I had my own problems with MusicMatch that also included billing. I
was billed 4 times one day and 3 the next. Once I got that
straightened out no more problems. But I don't use MMJ for burning
(it's a JukeBox program..not a CD burning program. Makes about as much
sense as using OE for the binary newsgroups). I never had a problem
with burning with Nero after I downloaded the trial MMJ.

Read only file? Did you think about right clicking on it and changing
the properties and then deleting it? How about booting to DOS and
deleting it that way? Lost data? No backups?

My last question is..there is free help screaming at you all over your
screen. Did I miss your post?

John

On 19 Feb 2004 21:56:59 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (John Eye) wrote:

>I downloaded free trial of mj. First cd I ripped contained only their
>32 second "ad" (obnoxious!!!) "UPGRADE NOW TO JUKEBOX PLUS!!! "
>"I don't need this ****, my WMP9 works great". Uninstall, go back to
>WMP, attempt to burn, get error message, "cd drive is in use". Turns
>out it was a read only file planted on to my cd drive, with the same
>'UPGRADE' message, which not only prevented me from burning cd's, but
>would also run the ad on its own accord, no prompt needed! In other
>words, it completly took over my player, leaving me only one option to
>save the music I had already recorded onto Total Recorder; that was,
>to download Jukebox Plus. I took advantage of the free 30 day trial
>period, burned all my cds, uninstalled Plus, and then found they had
>billed me the 19.99. Emailed them, they said they hadn't billed me.
>Emailed again, didn't hear back. After 30 days from start of "free"
>trial, went to my bank, got copy of my statement, emailed asking for
>their fax address, so I could have bank send copy,: got refund. What
>is wrong with these people? They force me to do a system restore (lose
>all my data) (restore to an earlier date didn't work, it's a read only
>file), just because I didn't like their product? By the way, try at
>your own risk, but it really is inferior to Window Media Player.

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"John Eye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...

<tale of woe with MMJB deleted>

> By the way, try at
> your own risk, but it really is inferior to Window Media Player.

And THAT, friends, is about the worst thing you can say about ANY
media player.

John - try WinAmp. Even the 5.01 version is so much better than WMP
7.0 and above it's scary ...

Or Media Player Classic, although it won't burn CDs for you (which I
have Nero for, so I'm not hurting <B-) )

RwP

dark elf

"Ralph Wade Phillips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c16jqg$1c61dl$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Howdy!
>
> "John Eye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>
> <tale of woe with MMJB deleted>
>
> > By the way, try at
> > your own risk, but it really is inferior to Window Media Player.

> And THAT, friends, is about the worst thing you can say about ANY
> media player.
>
> John - try WinAmp. Even the 5.01 version is so much better than

WMP
> 7.0 and above it's scary ...
>
> Or Media Player Classic, although it won't burn CDs for you (which

> have Nero for, so I'm not hurting <B-) )
>
> RwP

Actually I've used Music Match for a long time now for listening to music
and burning cd's and haven't had any problems. Go figure.

Shagrat

For converting WAV to MP3 and general MP3 management I love MMJ. Wouldn`t be
without it. Never had any trouble apart from the WMA plug in. Doesn`t like
WMA files much.

John

If you take up the upgrades on this programme, you'll
find *your* kind of music available 24/7 in CD quality.
It will cost you a few quid, but it's well worth it.

John.
=======================================

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:43:56 -0600, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Howdy!
>
>"John Eye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>
> <tale of woe with MMJB deleted>
>
>> By the way, try at
>> your own risk, but it really is inferior to Window Media Player.

> And THAT, friends, is about the worst thing you can say about ANY
>media player.
>
> John - try WinAmp. Even the 5.01 version is so much better than WMP
>7.0 and above it's scary ...
>
> Or Media Player Classic, although it won't burn CDs for you (which I
>have Nero for, so I'm not hurting <B-) )
>
> RwP

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you take up the upgrades on this programme, you'll
> find *your* kind of music available 24/7 in CD quality.
> It will cost you a few quid, but it's well worth it.

a) How would you know what kind of music I like?

b) Can't cost me any quid - I'm in the USA.

c) WHICH program?

RwP

John

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:15:53 -0600, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Howdy!
>
>"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> If you take up the upgrades on this programme, you'll
>> find *your* kind of music available 24/7 in CD quality.
>> It will cost you a few quid, but it's well worth it.

> a) How would you know what kind of music I like?
>
> b) Can't cost me any quid - I'm in the USA.
>
> c) WHICH program?
>
> RwP

Hi Ralph.
Here in the UK. we aren't allowed to upgrade as far
as MX Platinum, which would allow us access to "Artist on Demand,
which is literally what it says.

Even within this restriction, it's a marvellous service. You Americans
are lucky to be able to enjoy the *whole* range of music.

Yes of course it should have been US Dollars for you.

Either way it's a tremendous service.

John.

Misa Mirkovic