Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange Happenings

Strange Happenings

d w a c o n

Just built another PC... a Dell workstation. Installed XP and IE 6.
Everything is fine, until I either click a hyperlink that opens in a new
window or right-click a hyperlink and select "open in new window."

A window will appear but will be frozen. The only way to continue is to hit
the "stop" button, then select the URL and hit enter (or F5 refresh).

Any clues?

TIA

--
I want my... I want my...
I want my sex TV...

°Mike°

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
Nothing Happens After You Click a Link

Nothing happens when you click a link
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:45:40 -0500, in
<TMcZb.6196$7k3.4566@fed1read01>
d w a c o n scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Miggsee

Hey Mike,

I had to do a parent in-service tonight.

Your maintenance page was a good addition to my hand out for the parents.

Thank you.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
> Nothing Happens After You Click a Link
>
> Nothing happens when you click a link
> http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
>

> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:45:40 -0500, in
> <TMcZb.6196$7k3.4566@fed1read01>
> d w a c o n scrawled:
>
> >Just built another PC... a Dell workstation. Installed XP and IE 6.
> >Everything is fine, until I either click a hyperlink that opens in a new
> >window or right-click a hyperlink and select "open in new window."
> >
> >A window will appear but will be frozen. The only way to continue is to

hit
> >the "stop" button, then select the URL and hit enter (or F5 refresh).
> >
> >Any clues?
> >
> >TIA

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Cool. You're welcome.

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:40:35 -0500, in
<c13s2u$1di322$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Miggsee scrawled:

>Hey Mike,
>
>I had to do a parent in-service tonight.
>
>Your maintenance page was a good addition to my hand out for the parents.
>
>Thank you.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

d w a c o n

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
> Nothing Happens After You Click a Link

Awesome. Thanks.

--

Glass for your ass...
http://tinyurl.com/27sgb

Misa Mirkovic

"d w a c o n" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
> > Nothing Happens After You Click a Link
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=281679

> Awesome. Thanks.
>

> --
>
> Glass for your ass...
> http://tinyurl.com/27sgb

°Mike°

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:01:02 -0500, in
<fEIZb.8409$7k3.7460@fed1read01>
d w a c o n scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
>> Nothing Happens After You Click a Link

>Awesome. Thanks.

You're welcome.

--