Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem scheduling NT Backup

Problem scheduling NT Backup

Polite

Am using NT Backup with Win XP Home, backing up pre-selected files to
an external Hard Drive.
When I run the backup manually, it goes through the motions but when I
then read the log, no new files have been backed up. This is if I run
an incremental backup. I know something is wrong as I have created
files today that were not logged as being backed up.

Also, when I program the scheduler to run this backup the scheduler
refues to fire up at the pre-determined time and no backups are run.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what I am doing wrong?

Failing that, anyone got any ideas as to what is an idiot-proof (free
if pos) backup prog that will allow me to backup inrcemenatally to an
external Hard Drive a pre-decided selection of files from my PC?

Sorry to be a klutz here... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DE

Polite wrote:
> Am using NT Backup with Win XP Home, backing up pre-selected files to
> an external Hard Drive.
> When I run the backup manually, it goes through the motions but when I
> then read the log, no new files have been backed up. This is if I run
> an incremental backup. I know something is wrong as I have created
> files today that were not logged as being backed up.
>
> Also, when I program the scheduler to run this backup the scheduler
> refues to fire up at the pre-determined time and no backups are run.
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction of what I am doing wrong?
>
> Failing that, anyone got any ideas as to what is an idiot-proof (free
> if pos) backup prog that will allow me to backup inrcemenatally to an
> external Hard Drive a pre-decided selection of files from my PC?
>
> Sorry to be a klutz here... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

You need to run the automated backup from a login that has a password
assigned (and it's VERY unwise to have logins with no passwords, anyway.)
You need to check the job, in the "Scheduled Tasks", to be sure you have
the right login & password assigned to the automated job.

And you should read the log file, in Scheduled Tasks, to see why it's not
backing up, if that doesn't resolve it.

-- DE

Misa Mirkovic

news:(E-Mail Removed)...