Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Copying VHS cassettes to DVD

Copying VHS cassettes to DVD

Mike

I would like to copy some old VHS cassette films to DVD to preserve them.

I have the burning side sorted through my PC and have a spare VCR. What is
the minimum I need to get the VHS signal into my PC?

I have seen USB things on Ebay etc. which suggest they only transfer at
640X480 (smaller than TV?) and would go for a new video card if necessary. I
guess I need software too?

Anyone got any recommendations, please?

Mike

Paul - xxx

Mike posted ...

> I would like to copy some old VHS cassette films to DVD to preserve
> them.
>
> I have the burning side sorted through my PC and have a spare VCR.
> What is the minimum I need to get the VHS signal into my PC?
>
> I have seen USB things on Ebay etc. which suggest they only transfer
> at 640X480 (smaller than TV?) and would go for a new video card if
> necessary. I guess I need software too?
>
> Anyone got any recommendations, please?
>
> Mike

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/VideoEdit...24&Langue_ID=2

Whatever your wallet will stand ...

A decent card is paramount if you want to retain full screen and full
quality.

--
Paul

Mike

Paul - xxx wrote:
> Mike posted ...
>
>> I would like to copy some old VHS cassette films to DVD to preserve
>> them.
>>
>> I have the burning side sorted through my PC and have a spare VCR.
>> What is the minimum I need to get the VHS signal into my PC?
>>
>> I have seen USB things on Ebay etc. which suggest they only transfer
>> at 640X480 (smaller than TV?) and would go for a new video card if
>> necessary. I guess I need software too?
>>
>> Anyone got any recommendations, please?
>>
>> Mike

> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/VideoEdit...24&Langue_ID=2
>
> Whatever your wallet will stand ...
>
> A decent card is paramount if you want to retain full screen and full
> quality.

Thank you. Will follow this up.

Smiley

There is a great product that comes with a capture card and software
from adaptec check the stores