Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Keyboard not working

Keyboard not working

Root

Hi, I have an AMD XP1800+ computer on a Chaintech 7VJDA. It works for
a while, then the ps/2 mouse port stops working. Then I use a serial
mouse. Now, the keyboard is not responding to keystrokes.

Can I just plug in an usb keyboard? I can't access the bios (since the
del key in the ps/2 keyboard is not working).

Hung

PS- Now I have another computer, a PII-400 on an Abit BE6 that has the
keyboard not working problem... How do one fix keyboard ps/2 port
problem?

Root

I must add that I have tried another brand new keyboard and new ps/2
mouse. So the k/b and mouse are not the problems.

Thanks

Hung

> Hi, I have an AMD XP1800+ computer on a Chaintech 7VJDA. It works for a
> while, then the ps/2 mouse port stops working. Then I use a serial
> mouse. Now, the keyboard is not responding to keystrokes.
>
> Can I just plug in an usb keyboard? I can't access the bios (since the
> del key in the ps/2 keyboard is not working).
>
> Hung
>

> PS- Now I have another computer, a PII-400 on an Abit BE6 that has the
> keyboard not working problem... How do one fix keyboard ps/2 port problem?

Win

"Root" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c11scg$k0s$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have an AMD XP1800+ computer on a Chaintech 7VJDA. It works for
> a while, then the ps/2 mouse port stops working. Then I use a serial
> mouse. Now, the keyboard is not responding to keystrokes.
>
> Can I just plug in an usb keyboard? I can't access the bios (since the
> del key in the ps/2 keyboard is not working).
>
> Hung
>

> PS- Now I have another computer, a PII-400 on an Abit BE6 that has the
> keyboard not working problem... How do one fix keyboard ps/2 port
> problem?

Bugger
There is a small fuse behind the ps2 plugs
may be blowen
get tech to test it with multimeter
if dead bridge the dead fuse so it will not happen again
but all sounds new so through it at the people that sold it

DO NOT UNPLUG KEYBOARD MOUSE WHILE PC IS IN

Root

> Bugger
> There is a small fuse behind the ps2 plugs
> may be blowen
> get tech to test it with multimeter
> if dead bridge the dead fuse so it will not happen again
> but all sounds new so through it at the people that sold it

I can't see any small fuse ..