Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Multiple Email addresses in XP

Multiple Email addresses in XP

Tuz

Hi,

I am using MS Outlook 2002 in order to check my emails obviously from my
standard email address.

What I would like to do is create a secondary email address for my partner,
so that she can have her own private email address/password etc.

What is the best way to set this up?

Thanks in advance,

Tuz

Edward\(1\)

I would expect to find instructions on your ISP's website. Go there and
register the new address and then set up Outlook the same way you did for
your own address but for your partners.

Good luck,

Ed

"Tuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news6FYb.64612$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am using MS Outlook 2002 in order to check my emails obviously from my
> standard email address.
>
> What I would like to do is create a secondary email address for my

partner,
> so that she can have her own private email address/password etc.
>
> What is the best way to set this up?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tuz

Tuz

Thanks,

I understand the actual setting up in outlook.

What I was leaning to is how to completely seperate them without having to
go the whole way and creating a new user account in XP.

Is that possible?

"Edward(1)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0v94r$3eq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would expect to find instructions on your ISP's website. Go there and
> register the new address and then set up Outlook the same way you did for
> your own address but for your partners.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Ed
>

> "Tuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news6FYb.64612$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using MS Outlook 2002 in order to check my emails obviously from my
> > standard email address.
> >
> > What I would like to do is create a secondary email address for my

> partner,
> > so that she can have her own private email address/password etc.
> >
> > What is the best way to set this up?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Tuz

Spider

Tuz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using MS Outlook 2002 in order to check my emails obviously from my
> standard email address.
>
> What I would like to do is create a secondary email address for my partner,
> so that she can have her own private email address/password etc.
>
> What is the best way to set this up?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tuz

While you can setup multiple profiles in Outlook, the best way to do
what you want would be to setup a whole Windows profile. If you are
using Windows XP or Win 2000, go to Control Panel / Users and create a
user account. Reboot and log in as the new user. Open Outlook and you
will be prompted to setup email. Set it up for that user.

--

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

Yogi

You should be able to set up a separate profile for your partner. Go to
the mail icon in your control panel and in here you can create another
profile.

Yogi

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:11:15 GMT, Tuz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using MS Outlook 2002 in order to check my emails obviously from my
> standard email address.
>
> What I would like to do is create a secondary email address for my
> partner,
> so that she can have her own private email address/password etc.
>
> What is the best way to set this up?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tuz

Ed

The maximum separation you can get without a dedicated user account in XP is
as suggested.

If your partner sets his/her password without giving it to you and without
enabling "Remember password", you will not be able to access his/her
e-mail - which will, of course, be addressed to him/her.

Best wishes,

Ed

"Tuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IgGYb.64738$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks,
>
> I understand the actual setting up in outlook.
>
> What I was leaning to is how to completely seperate them without having to
> go the whole way and creating a new user account in XP.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> "Edward(1)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c0v94r$3eq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I would expect to find instructions on your ISP's website. Go there and
> > register the new address and then set up Outlook the same way you did

for
> > your own address but for your partners.
> >
> > Good luck,
> >
> > Ed
> >

> > "Tuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news6FYb.64612$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using MS Outlook 2002 in order to check my emails obviously from

my
> > > standard email address.
> > >
> > > What I would like to do is create a secondary email address for my

> > partner,
> > > so that she can have her own private email address/password etc.
> > >
> > > What is the best way to set this up?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > Tuz

Rifleman

"Tuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IgGYb.64738$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks,
>
> I understand the actual setting up in outlook.
>
> What I was leaning to is how to completely seperate them without having to
> go the whole way and creating a new user account in XP.
>
> Is that possible?

Creating a separate User is MUCH the best way of doing it. It's only a
couple of mouse clicks extra from creating a new Outlook profile anyway, and
then gives that user a complete set of Document folders etc etc.

Anonymous

Hmm.. If you don't want to setup a new user account simply create a new
email account in Outlook with your friends details minus the password/
obviously adjust your account and take out your password...
Now when you perform a send/receive... each of those accounts will prompt
for a password. Simply press cancel on your friends account and type in
your password for your account....
This will create the separate account but there will be nothing to stop
him/her looking at your emails...... For true security the easiest way is as
has been suggested (create a new user account in XP)

Tuz wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I understand the actual setting up in outlook.
>
> What I was leaning to is how to completely seperate them without
> having to go the whole way and creating a new user account in XP.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> "Edward(1)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c0v94r$3eq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I would expect to find instructions on your ISP's website. Go there
>> and register the new address and then set up Outlook the same way
>> you did for your own address but for your partners.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Ed
>>

>> "Tuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news6FYb.64612$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using MS Outlook 2002 in order to check my emails obviously
>>> from my standard email address.
>>>
>>> What I would like to do is create a secondary email address for my
>>> partner, so that she can have her own private email
>>> address/password etc.
>>>
>>> What is the best way to set this up?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Tuz