Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > which pioneer....?

which pioneer....?

tomm

The 106 seems to be favourite with most people and as I`m after a cheapish
burner, this seems the obvious choice.
I`m not too bothered about really fast DVD burning speed as I can`t see
myself doing more than a handfull a week.
I`ll use a cd rom drive as a slave to save wear & tear on the burner too.
The 107 is about 25 dearer , but is burn speed the only advantage if I
get one of these?
Or is there another drive I should look at, below 100?
cheers....................

---

al dente

tomm wrote:
| The 106 seems to be favourite with most people and as I`m after a
| cheapish burner, this seems the obvious choice.
| I`m not too bothered about really fast DVD burning speed as I can`t
| see myself doing more than a handfull a week.
| I`ll use a cd rom drive as a slave to save wear & tear on the burner
| too. The 107 is about 25 dearer , but is burn speed the only
| advantage if I get one of these?
| Or is there another drive I should look at, below 100?
| cheers....................
|

| ---

The 106 is probably one of the beast priced, quality burners available and
has a proven track record as well as good support. You could buy cheaper at
the possible expense of incompatibility.

If I was going to buy another one then I would pay the extra 25, 15 minutes
to burn 4GB might not seem like long but the ability to half that time would
be welcome regardless the fact that I don't burn a lot.

Of course, if 25 saved means you have food on the table for an extra week
then the choice is yours.

--
Gazwad

Freelance scientist and people tester.