Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Switch to Adelphia

Switch to Adelphia

Slaphappy

Can anyone give me a thumbs up or down on Adelphia cable internet
service?

Thanks

°Mike°

Which thumb?

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:20:06 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Slaphappy scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Mara

http://snipurl.com/4j33

--
"... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
-- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98

William Poaster

It was on Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:50:41 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that Mara wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:20:06 GMT, Slaphappy wrote:
>
>>Can anyone give me a thumbs up or down on Adelphia cable internet
>>service?
>>
>>Thanks

> http://snipurl.com/4j33

I also heard that Adelphia were in deep doo-doo financially...

--
Statler: "Why do we need a VCR you can program seven years in advance?"
Waldorf: "So we don't miss any great shows that are on after we're dead."

Harrison

I'm in my third week of testing Adelphia.
So far, there have been no problems and the speed has been consistently around 1400/245. YMMV.
I have satellite tv, so I signed up for Internet only.
Out of curiosity, I connected the cable to my tv card and found that it is also supplying basic cable programming.
If cable continues to perform well over the next few weeks I'll drop DSL and go with it.

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:20:06 GMT, Slaphappy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone give me a thumbs up or down on Adelphia cable internet
>service?
>
>Thanks

Mara

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:02:45 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

>It was on Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:50:41 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
>large jam doughnut, that Mara wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:20:06 GMT, Slaphappy wrote:
>>
>>>Can anyone give me a thumbs up or down on Adelphia cable internet
>>>service?
>>>
>>>Thanks

>> http://snipurl.com/4j33

>I also heard that Adelphia were in deep doo-doo financially...

They are. Or were, anyway.

http://snipurl.com/4j3o

Under this link:

http://snipurl.com/4j3q

"...Bradshaw told supervisors that his office had heard a number of complaints
and queries from customers, asking why the new high-speed connection lines were
not being provided. The simple answer was, Tele-Media parent company, Adelphia,
the target of several 2002 investigations into various allegedly illegal
activities, is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy at this time and has been operating
without a current PGEC contract for a number of months....."

"Gak."

--
"... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
-- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98

William Poaster

It was on Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:08:33 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that Mara wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:02:45 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
>
>>It was on Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:50:41 -0600, just as I was halfway through
>>a large jam doughnut, that Mara wrote:

>>> http://snipurl.com/4j33

>>I also heard that Adelphia were in deep doo-doo financially...

> They are. Or were, anyway.
>
> http://snipurl.com/4j3o
>
> Under this link:
>
> http://snipurl.com/4j3q
>
> "...Bradshaw told supervisors that his office had heard a number of
> complaints and queries from customers, asking why the new high-speed
> connection lines were not being provided. The simple answer was,
> Tele-Media parent company, Adelphia, the target of several 2002
> investigations into various allegedly illegal activities, is in Chapter 11
> bankruptcy at this time and has been operating without a current PGEC
> contract for a number of months....."
>
> "Gak."

Sounds rather a dodgy company to be involved with, IMHO.

--
Statler: "Why do we need a VCR you can program seven years in advance?"
Waldorf: "So we don't miss any great shows that are on after we're dead."
- The Muppet Show -

Miggsee

I've been with Adelphia for a few years. I find their technicians are
helpful, and I have no complaints with their service. When Adelphia thought
my speed wasn't up to par, they decided to run completely new lines to my
home. Although they say they do not support home networks, they will assist
you.

"Slaphappy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone give me a thumbs up or down on Adelphia cable internet
> service?
>
> Thanks

Mara

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:17:24 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

>It was on Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:08:33 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
>large jam doughnut, that Mara wrote:

<snip>
>> Under this link:
>>
>> http://snipurl.com/4j3q
>>
>> "...Bradshaw told supervisors that his office had heard a number of
>> complaints and queries from customers, asking why the new high-speed
>> connection lines were not being provided. The simple answer was,
>> Tele-Media parent company, Adelphia, the target of several 2002
>> investigations into various allegedly illegal activities, is in Chapter 11
>> bankruptcy at this time and has been operating without a current PGEC
>> contract for a number of months....."
>>
>> "Gak."

>Sounds rather a dodgy company to be involved with, IMHO.

They wouldn't be my first choice. Or even my hundredth. For some reason I rather
like receiving the e-mail I'm supposed to be getting, and Adelphia is in quite a
few blocklists.

"I've heard that they might be trying to clean up, but too much spam for too
long has placed them in a lot of private blocklists - and cleaning up probably
isn't going to help much there."

--
"... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
-- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98

ICee

Slaphappy wrote:
> Can anyone give me a thumbs up or down on Adelphia cable internet
> service?
>
> Thanks

Some areas of the country have big problems, others don't. I've had
Power Link for 2.5 years now, and except for a 6 month period a year and
a half ago, it's been very reliable. Speeds are consistently 2.5 to 3.0
Mbps down, 245 Kbps up (max 3.0 Mbps/256 Kbps).