Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Any Outlook gurus out there?

Any Outlook gurus out there?

Anonymous

Anyone know a command line switch (if it exists) to open Outlook to calender
view on startup?. TIA.

Anonymous

That would be the office 97 version.....

Anonymous wrote:
> Anyone know a command line switch (if it exists) to open Outlook to
> calender view on startup?. TIA.

Spider

Anonymous wrote:
> Anyone know a command line switch (if it exists) to open Outlook to calender
> view on startup?. TIA.

You don't mention the version of Outlook. This should work on the newer
versions: Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar. You might want to try a
fairly simple method. Open Outlook normally. Right click on the
calendar and choose "Open in new window". Size the window as you prefer
and if you want it to open minimized, then minimize it now. Now in your
original Outlook click File / exit. It should close both your windows.
Now open Outlook again. You should get both windows automatically.
Outlook will remember what windows you had open when exiting the first
opened window, and re-open them automatically.

--

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

Spider

Anonymous wrote:

> That would be the office 97 version.....
>
> Anonymous wrote:
>
>>Anyone know a command line switch (if it exists) to open Outlook to
>>calender view on startup?. TIA.

I didn't see this until much later, but now that I know the version, my
main comment would be to dump it and upgrade asap. This version is no
longer supported by Microsoft and is not being kept up with in terms of
security updates. IMHO it is very dangerous to continue using this
version. Go to at least Outlook 2000 but since 2003 is the most current
version that is the one you should go to.