Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DOS SCREEN FREEZE

DOS SCREEN FREEZE

Anastasio A Rossi

If I try to boot to DOS with a Norton or WinMe CD the DOS screen comes up with 2 option: Boot from CD ROM, or Hard Drive.
Problem is, nothing works. Keyboard and mouse don't respond, and seconds tick down to zero, then machine reboots from HD

I tries re-installing WinMe, but it does not help.

It seems like a very low level problem.
Could boot record be damaged?
What might cause that?
How can this be fixed?

SaltPeter

"Anastasio A Rossi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%YWXb.36697$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> If I try to boot to DOS with a Norton or WinMe CD the DOS screen comes up

with 2 option: Boot from CD ROM, or Hard Drive.
> Problem is, nothing works. Keyboard and mouse don't respond, and seconds

tick down to zero, then machine reboots from HD

> I tries re-installing WinMe, but it does not help.
>
> It seems like a very low level problem.
> Could boot record be damaged?
> What might cause that?
> How can this be fixed?

Could you specify whether keyboard is a USB keyboard? Have you tried
clearing CMOS? Is bios setup to halt on "all errors, except keyboard"?