Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > where'd my volume icon in the taskbar go??

where'd my volume icon in the taskbar go??

°Mike°

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:39:36 GMT, in
<YqTXb.34754$(E-Mail Removed)>
Mistuh scrawled:

>"Mistuh" <(E-Mail Removed)-screwthespam-.com> wrote in message
>news:ZhTXb.205528$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>
>> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

>> > Have you tried rebooting?

>> Yes to all of the above (checking/unchecking, and the sound works fine)
>> except for re-booting...i will try that next.
>>

>THANK YOU MIKE!....re-booting did the trick; I have the icon back.
>Sometimes it's the simplest thing that gets it done...altho why the icon
>disappeared in the FIRST place is an unsolved mystery.

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Patrick

Mistuh wrote:
> "Mistuh" <(E-Mail Removed)-screwthespam-.com> wrote in message
> news:ZhTXb.205528$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:18:10 GMT, in
>>> <S6TXb.205526$(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Mistuh scrawled:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Do you have sound?
>>>
>>> Have you tried UNCHECKING the box, press APPLY,
>>> recheck the box and press APPLY again?
>>>
>>> Have you tried rebooting?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Basic computer maintenance
>>> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

>> Yes to all of the above (checking/unchecking, and the sound works
>> fine) except for re-booting...i will try that next.
>>

> THANK YOU MIKE!....re-booting did the trick; I have the icon back.
> Sometimes it's the simplest thing that gets it done...altho why the
> icon disappeared in the FIRST place is an unsolved mystery.

See tenth item down;
"Why don't my Notification Area icons show or why do they disappear?"