Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP Censoring

XP Censoring

Billy

My new Windows XP equipped system is now censoring e-mails on OE6.
It advises me that it has removed access to an attatchment on the grounds
that IT considers the attatchment unsafe.
Can this facility be disabled...?

Rifleman

"Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0nuhk$1976pg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> My new Windows XP equipped system is now censoring e-mails on OE6.
> It advises me that it has removed access to an attatchment on the grounds
> that IT considers the attatchment unsafe.
> Can this facility be disabled...?

this must be the MOST ASKED question IN HISTORY!
AND the most replied-to question IN HISTORY.

HAVE you not done ANY research AT ALL before posting?

Go to www.google.com and try.

jose3030

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:11:34 -0000, "Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:c0nuhk$1976pg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> My new Windows XP equipped system is now censoring e-mails on OE6.
>> It advises me that it has removed access to an attatchment on the grounds
>> that IT considers the attatchment unsafe.
>> Can this facility be disabled...?
>>

>this must be the MOST ASKED question IN HISTORY!
>AND the most replied-to question IN HISTORY.
>
>HAVE you not done ANY research AT ALL before posting?
>
>Go to www.google.com and try.

Dude, just answer his question. Stop being an ass about it man. Jeez

°Mike°

Tools / Options / Security.
Uncheck 'Do not allow attachments to be saved....'

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:08:48 -0000, in
<c0nuhk$1976pg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Billy scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

PowerPost2000

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:08:48 -0000, "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My new Windows XP equipped system is now censoring e-mails on OE6.
>It advises me that it has removed access to an attatchment on the grounds
>that IT considers the attatchment unsafe.
>Can this facility be disabled...?

In OE, go to TOOLS,OPTIONS. click the Security Tab, then uncheck "do
not allow attatchments to be saved ...." then click Apply, then OK.

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

Some time, on or about: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:23:41 -0500, PowerPost2000
<(E-Mail Removed)> was criminally insane in my professional opinion when they
claimed the following balderdash:

>On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:08:48 -0000, "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>My new Windows XP equipped system is now censoring e-mails on OE6.
>>It advises me that it has removed access to an attatchment on the grounds
>>that IT considers the attatchment unsafe.
>>Can this facility be disabled...?
>>

>In OE, go to TOOLS,OPTIONS. click the Security Tab, then uncheck "do
>not allow attatchments to be saved ...." then click Apply, then OK.

I can't wait for this guy to post here again about picking up a virus
or a trojan.

Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

PowerPost2000

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:08:58 -0500, jose3030 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:11:34 -0000, "Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>"Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:c0nuhk$1976pg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>> My new Windows XP equipped system is now censoring e-mails on OE6.
>>> It advises me that it has removed access to an attatchment on the grounds
>>> that IT considers the attatchment unsafe.
>>> Can this facility be disabled...?
>>>

>>this must be the MOST ASKED question IN HISTORY!
>>AND the most replied-to question IN HISTORY.
>>
>>HAVE you not done ANY research AT ALL before posting?
>>
>>Go to www.google.com and try.
>>

>Dude, just answer his question. Stop being an ass about it man. Jeez

I was thinking that, too.

If you can help, do it. If you don't want to, just don't.

Rifleman

"PowerPost2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:08:58 -0500, jose3030 <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:11:34 -0000, "Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>"Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:c0nuhk$1976pg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

grounds

> >>this must be the MOST ASKED question IN HISTORY!
> >>AND the most replied-to question IN HISTORY.
> >>
> >>HAVE you not done ANY research AT ALL before posting?
> >>
> >>Go to www.google.com and try.
> >>

> >Dude, just answer his question. Stop being an ass about it man. Jeez

> I was thinking that, too.
>
> If you can help, do it. If you don't want to, just don't.

Its called self-help. Google gives about *140,000* hits for this.......

Gary G. Taylor

Rifleman wrote:

> "PowerPost2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:08:58 -0500, jose3030 <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

> grounds

>> >Dude, just answer his question. Stop being an ass about it man. Jeez

>> I was thinking that, too.
>>
>> If you can help, do it. If you don't want to, just don't.

> Its called self-help. Google gives about *140,000* hits for this.......

What I find particularly offensive about the post is that the original
poster can't read. If he could, he would not have come up with that
ludicrous "XP IS CENSORING!!!" nonsense; he would have seen from the error
message that perhaps he could do something about this; he would have
noticed the Help button on his toolbar ...

In view of all that, I think the curt reply is appropriate.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

Gary G. Taylor

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:

> Some time, on or about: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:23:41 -0500, PowerPost2000
> <(E-Mail Removed)> was criminally insane in my professional opinion when they
> claimed the following balderdash:
>
>>On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:08:48 -0000, "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>My new Windows XP equipped system is now censoring e-mails on OE6.
>>>It advises me that it has removed access to an attatchment on the grounds
>>>that IT considers the attatchment unsafe.
>>>Can this facility be disabled...?
>>>

>>In OE, go to TOOLS,OPTIONS. click the Security Tab, then uncheck "do
>>not allow attatchments to be saved ...." then click Apply, then OK.

> I can't wait for this guy to post here again about picking up a virus
> or a trojan.

I wouldn't respond to him, since he obviously can't read.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA