Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > outlook express and backups

outlook express and backups

mr j nott

please can you help,i can't send out emails,it keeps coming up with
errors,and connecting to internet when its already connected,also i can't
preform backups,i'm going crazy

Rifleman

"mr j nott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TGtXb.12378$(E-Mail Removed)...
> please can you help,i can't send out emails,it keeps coming up with
> errors,and connecting to internet when its already connected,also i can't
> preform backups,i'm going crazy

For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress (for OE 6), or
an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're
accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click
http://communities.microsoft.com/new...ternetExplorer
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number. Good luck!

Paul - xxx

mr j nott posted ...

> please can you help,i can't send out emails,it keeps coming up with
> errors,and connecting to internet when its already connected,also i
> can't preform backups,i'm going crazy

OK, you’ve asked for help, but to actually get any help you will need to
provide a little more information as it’s my experience that very few people
are ‘truly’ psychic. Think along the following lines. (Thanks Golem, good
list, damn shame golem doesn’t use the newsgroups much nowadays...

What help do you require?
What Operating System and version are you using?

Is there an error message or code ?
What program causes this error?

What is the EXACT wording of the error ?
When does the error happen?
What are you trying to do when this happens?
What else is running in the background?
What changes have you made to your system right before this started?
Did you Add/Remove any Software?
Did you Add/Remove any Hardware?
Did you make any new Tweaks?
Did you apply any new patch?
Do you get other error messages?

Get the picture ? There’s no need to answer all the questions everytime,
they are just a ‘flavour’ of what can help others gain an insight into what’
s causing your problem and can help them formulate a good answer. When you
get an answer, you may get more than one, it’s still up to you to decide
what to do about the problem you have, but generally answers posted to a
multitude may be better than answers posted directly to you. There are
people who’ll deliberately screw your system. Don’t necessarily go for the
first answer, wait a bit, someone will point out if it’s wrong .. eventually
... maybe ..

Have a look at these sites for further advice on posting and on Usenet.

http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/index.html

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Paul

Sultan

mr j nott wrote in news:TGtXb.12378$(E-Mail Removed):

> please can you help,i can't send out emails,it keeps coming up with
> errors,and connecting to internet when its already connected,also i can't
> preform backups,i'm going crazy

In OE go to Tools-Options-Connection Tab
Select Change button under connection settings.
Make sure the number you dial for blueyonder is set as default and set as
always dial my default radio button.
Click OK and Ok to exit

Next click on Tools-Accounts- Mail Tab- select your account then click
Edit- Make sure your smtp send and receive fields are correct.

For backups try an utility such as this:
http://www.brothersoft.com/Utilities...Backup_Wizard_
17344.html
or this:
http://www.filetransit.com/view.php?id=7161

I'm sure there must also be some freeware out there that will do the same
thing so ask in alt.comp.freeware.

Sultan