Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spybot search and destroy

Reply
Thread Tools

Spybot search and destroy

 
 
joevan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
There is a 700 kb download available today but when I click on
download it stops responding. Any ideas what is wrong. Is anyone else
experiencing a similar problem ?
joevan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:10:12 GMT, joevan wrote:

>There is a 700 kb download available today but when I click on
>download it stops responding. Any ideas what is wrong. Is anyone else
>experiencing a similar problem ?


Have you tried it from a different server?

>joevan


--
"... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
-- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
joevan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:17:24 -0600, Mara
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:10:12 GMT, joevan wrote:
>
>>There is a 700 kb download available today but when I click on
>>download it stops responding. Any ideas what is wrong. Is anyone else
>>experiencing a similar problem ?

>
>Have you tried it from a different server?



Hey thanks Mara, I had not though to do that. Now I know.
Appreciate all the great people here.
joevan
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kenneth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:10:12 GMT, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>There is a 700 kb download available today but when I click on
>download it stops responding. Any ideas what is wrong. Is anyone else
>experiencing a similar problem ?
>joevan


Howdy,

Are you certain that you have selected a "mirror", that is, the site
from which you wish to download? I just ran the DL with no trouble...

HTH,

--
Kenneth

If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."
 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:21:43 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
joevan scrawled:

>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:17:24 -0600, Mara
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:10:12 GMT, joevan wrote:
>>
>>>There is a 700 kb download available today but when I click on
>>>download it stops responding. Any ideas what is wrong. Is anyone else
>>>experiencing a similar problem ?

>>
>>Have you tried it from a different server?

>
>
>Hey thanks Mara, I had not though to do that. Now I know.
>Appreciate all the great people here.
>joevan


Be aware that there is a bug in the latest SpyBot S&D update.
http://forums.net-integration.net/in...howtopic=10442


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:42:21 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:21:43 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> joevan scrawled:
>
>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:17:24 -0600, Mara
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:10:12 GMT, joevan wrote:
>>>
>>>>There is a 700 kb download available today but when I click on
>>>>download it stops responding. Any ideas what is wrong. Is anyone else
>>>>experiencing a similar problem ?
>>>
>>>Have you tried it from a different server?

>>
>>
>>Hey thanks Mara, I had not though to do that. Now I know.
>>Appreciate all the great people here.
>>joevan

>
>Be aware that there is a bug in the latest SpyBot S&D update.
>http://forums.net-integration.net/in...howtopic=10442


They only update about once a month, don't they?

"I haven't paid attention to that."

--
"... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
-- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98
 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:59:24 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Mara scrawled:

>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:42:21 +0000, °Mike° wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:21:43 GMT, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> joevan scrawled:
>>
>>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:17:24 -0600, Mara
>>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:10:12 GMT, joevan wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>There is a 700 kb download available today but when I click on
>>>>>download it stops responding. Any ideas what is wrong. Is anyone else
>>>>>experiencing a similar problem ?
>>>>
>>>>Have you tried it from a different server?
>>>
>>>
>>>Hey thanks Mara, I had not though to do that. Now I know.
>>>Appreciate all the great people here.
>>>joevan

>>
>>Be aware that there is a bug in the latest SpyBot S&D update.
>>http://forums.net-integration.net/in...howtopic=10442

>
>They only update about once a month, don't they?
>
>"I haven't paid attention to that."


Roughly, yes. I have never seen a specific update agenda.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:06:57 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:59:24 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Mara scrawled:
>
>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:42:21 +0000, °Mike° wrote:


<snip>
>>>Be aware that there is a bug in the latest SpyBot S&D update.
>>>http://forums.net-integration.net/in...howtopic=10442

>>
>>They only update about once a month, don't they?
>>
>>"I haven't paid attention to that."

>
>Roughly, yes. I have never seen a specific update agenda.


Ok. Thanks.

--
"... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
-- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98
 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:08:42 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Mara scrawled:

>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:06:57 +0000, °Mike° wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:59:24 -0600, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Mara scrawled:
>>
>>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:42:21 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

>
><snip>
>>>>Be aware that there is a bug in the latest SpyBot S&D update.
>>>>http://forums.net-integration.net/in...howtopic=10442
>>>
>>>They only update about once a month, don't they?
>>>
>>>"I haven't paid attention to that."

>>
>>Roughly, yes. I have never seen a specific update agenda.

>
>Ok. Thanks.


YW.

 
Reply With Quote
 
joevan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:08:42 -0600, Mara
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:06:57 +0000, °Mike° wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:59:24 -0600, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Mara scrawled:
>>
>>>On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:42:21 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

>
><snip>
>>>>Be aware that there is a bug in the latest SpyBot S&D update.
>>>>http://forums.net-integration.net/in...howtopic=10442
>>>
>>>They only update about once a month, don't they?
>>>
>>>"I haven't paid attention to that."

>>
>>Roughly, yes. I have never seen a specific update agenda.

>
>Ok. Thanks.

I ran a check and nothing was found today after update. Of course with
spyblaster updated and working and having just used ad aware I am not
surprised.
After that surprise a few weeks ago with my web page changed and the
cd drive opening magically I soon set up these extra protections.
I guess we have to wait for the next update?
joevan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spybot Search and Destroy. Update Old Gringo Computer Support 23 06-16-2005 01:25 AM
spyware Doctor and spybot search and destroy huck Computer Support 17 04-26-2005 03:21 AM
Spybot-Search & Destroy and Adaware SE Personal Emrys Davies Computer Support 4 09-23-2004 09:19 AM
spybot search and destroy update joevan Computer Support 0 08-16-2004 04:33 PM
Spybot Search And Destroy.. R Green - WoWsat.com Computer Security 6 02-18-2004 11:14 PM



Advertisments