Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > New use for wireless access point / print server.

New use for wireless access point / print server.

Don Grover

I found a new use for a wireless print server.
Connected a printer breakout box to 7 relays and driving my wifes 3,000 xmas
lights using the wireless printer port.
Looks good and can get it dancing with music files, don't know if its secure
(But it is running 40 bit wep ) .

Shows what a bored programmer gets upto when no work at the moment.
Don

James McIllece [MS]

"Don Grover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I found a new use for a wireless print server.
> Connected a printer breakout box to 7 relays and driving my wifes
> 3,000 xmas lights using the wireless printer port.
> Looks good and can get it dancing with music files, don't know if its
> secure (But it is running 40 bit wep ) .
>
> Shows what a bored programmer gets upto when no work at the moment.
> Don

This made me laugh out loud, thanks -- and have a nice holiday season.

--
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.