Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > deleting registry keys

deleting registry keys

ron

Hi Win XP Pro. I am having problems with a printer so I thought I would
remove all details of it from the registry. However I get an error message
that I cannot delete registry key when I try to delete it within regedit. So
how can I delete a registry key that I am not allowed to?

Thanks Ron

°Mike°

When you have problems with devices, like this, it's
usually best to boot into Safe Mode and remove them,
and any drivers, from there -- don't go blindly deleting
stuff from the registry.

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:15:40 -0000, in
<c0lahl$186eco$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
ron scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Gustavo Cabrera

If you know what you are doing and are sure you are not deleting something
the could f*** up your system, you can right-click on the registry key you
want to delete and give yourself Full Control permissions, you should be
able to delete it now.

news:c0lahl$186eco$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...