Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Rollover graphics question

Reply
Thread Tools

Rollover graphics question

 
 
whenindoubt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
Hi All.
I'm confused about rollover graphics on a web page. I have the roll on, roll
off part working. My question is how to code a third "visited link" option.
Currently the graphic is displayed plain. When the user rolls on, it is
highlighted with a drop shadow. When the user clicks and rolls off, it
returns to it's plain state. How do I code to allow a third state?
TIA
whenindoubt


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:26:16 GMT, whenindoubt wrote:

>Hi All.
>I'm confused about rollover graphics on a web page. I have the roll on, roll


that's one reason to avoid them.

>off part working. My question is how to code a third "visited link" option.


If you stick with CSS , you can get 5 effects.

A
A:link
A:visited
A:hover
A:active


>Currently the graphic is displayed plain. When the user rolls on, it is
>highlighted with a drop shadow. When the user clicks and rolls off, it
>returns to it's plain state. How do I code to allow a third state?


On/Off/Click is 3 states.

So what's the URL, what actions are you using?

onClick()
onMouseOver()
onMouseOut()
onMouseDown()
onMouseUp()
onDblClick()
onMouseMove()

Try www.google.com search for - image rollover tutorials

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
whenindoubt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
Why?
Thanks for the directions. I too prefer CSS but the client wants graphics.
I'm using onMouseOver() onMouseOut(). I thought by using onClick(), I could
get the 3rd graphic. I can see it ok, except when I mouse over again. It
returned to the original.
whenindoubt


"why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:26:16 GMT, whenindoubt wrote:
>
> >Hi All.
> >I'm confused about rollover graphics on a web page. I have the roll on,

roll
>
> that's one reason to avoid them.
>
> >off part working. My question is how to code a third "visited link"

option.
>
> If you stick with CSS , you can get 5 effects.
>
> A
> A:link
> A:visited
> A:hover
> A:active
>
>
> >Currently the graphic is displayed plain. When the user rolls on, it is
> >highlighted with a drop shadow. When the user clicks and rolls off, it
> >returns to it's plain state. How do I code to allow a third state?

>
> On/Off/Click is 3 states.
>
> So what's the URL, what actions are you using?
>
> onClick()
> onMouseOver()
> onMouseOut()
> onMouseDown()
> onMouseUp()
> onDblClick()
> onMouseMove()
>
> Try www.google.com search for - image rollover tutorials
>
> Me



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Intel HD Graphics 2000 Review Ian Front Page News 0 02-24-2011 03:07 PM
Best graphics program to lecture students with graphics tablet Mrs. Chickpea Digital Photography 8 05-26-2008 04:54 AM
Upgrading graphics on a computer with Integrated Graphics sharonf Computer Support 3 03-27-2007 06:21 AM
Gizmodo: NVIDIA Ships 128-Core Graphics Cards for High-End Film Editors Graphics Pros Silverstrand Front Page News 0 03-05-2007 03:32 PM
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 Graphics Harvey Gratt Computer Support 3 10-09-2005 02:40 AM



Advertisments