Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Harddrive

Harddrive

sierra

Currantly running xp-pro,and just installed a new harddrive,(barracuda
80g)all running fine etc when i go to properties it shows it as 74.5g,
got my old drive as the slave at 13g which it shows ok,any ideas?
Simon.

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"sierra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:N9lXb.5265$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Currantly running xp-pro,and just installed a new harddrive,(barracuda
> 80g)all running fine etc when i go to properties it shows it as 74.5g,
> got my old drive as the slave at 13g which it shows ok,any ideas?
> Simon.

Thats probably right. It is something to do with cluster size or something
like that.
Its says 80 on the box but you usually get a few gig less.
My 20 gig shows as 18.9 my 25gig shows as 24.4.
I am guessin that maybe your 13 gig is infact a 15 gig drive???

Someone will come along with a better description.

Gaz

Yddap

In news:c0kq09$17cj4i$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de,
Gareth not NLL or anybody else. <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:
> "sierra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:N9lXb.5265$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Currantly running xp-pro,and just installed a new harddrive,(barracuda
>> 80g)all running fine etc when i go to properties it shows it as 74.5g,
>> got my old drive as the slave at 13g which it shows ok,any ideas?
>> Simon.
>>

> Thats probably right. It is something to do with cluster size or something
> like that.
> Its says 80 on the box but you usually get a few gig less.
> My 20 gig shows as 18.9 my 25gig shows as 24.4.
> I am guessin that maybe your 13 gig is infact a 15 gig drive???
>
> Someone will come along with a better description.
>
> Gaz

1 G = 1000M or 1024M
selling =1000 Using =1024
my "80 G "gives 77 + formatting room

yddap

Boomer

Gareth not NLL or anybody else. wrote:
> "sierra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:N9lXb.5265$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Currantly running xp-pro,and just installed a new
>> harddrive,(barracuda 80g)all running fine etc when i go to
>> properties it shows it as 74.5g, got my old drive as the slave at
>> 13g which it shows ok,any ideas? Simon.
>>

> Thats probably right. It is something to do with cluster size or
> something like that.
> Its says 80 on the box but you usually get a few gig less.
> My 20 gig shows as 18.9 my 25gig shows as 24.4.
> I am guessin that maybe your 13 gig is infact a 15 gig drive???

You ****ing idiot ****.

Boomer

Yddap wrote:
> In news:c0kq09$17cj4i$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de,
> Gareth not NLL or anybody else. <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:
>> "sierra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:N9lXb.5265$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Currantly running xp-pro,and just installed a new
>>> harddrive,(barracuda 80g)all running fine etc when i go to
>>> properties it shows it as 74.5g, got my old drive as the slave at
>>> 13g which it shows ok,any ideas? Simon.
>>>

>> Thats probably right. It is something to do with cluster size or
>> something like that.
>> Its says 80 on the box but you usually get a few gig less.
>> My 20 gig shows as 18.9 my 25gig shows as 24.4.
>> I am guessin that maybe your 13 gig is infact a 15 gig drive???
>>
>> Someone will come along with a better description.
>>
>> Gaz

> 1 G = 1000M or 1024M
> selling =1000 Using =1024
> my "80 G "gives 77 + formatting room

BWAHAHAHAHA!! You ****ing idiot ****.

Yddap

In news(E-Mail Removed),
Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:
> Gareth not NLL or anybody else. wrote:
>> "sierra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:N9lXb.5265$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Currantly running xp-pro,and just installed a new
>>> harddrive,(barracuda 80g)all running fine etc when i go to
>>> properties it shows it as 74.5g, got my old drive as the slave at
>>> 13g which it shows ok,any ideas? Simon.
>>>

>> Thats probably right. It is something to do with cluster size or
>> something like that.
>> Its says 80 on the box but you usually get a few gig less.
>> My 20 gig shows as 18.9 my 25gig shows as 24.4.
>> I am guessin that maybe your 13 gig is infact a 15 gig drive???

> You ****ing idiot ****.

Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
yddap

Boomer

Yddap wrote:
> In news(E-Mail Removed),
> Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:
>> Gareth not NLL or anybody else. wrote:
>>> "sierra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:N9lXb.5265$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>

>>> Thats probably right. It is something to do with cluster size or
>>> something like that.
>>> Its says 80 on the box but you usually get a few gig less.
>>> My 20 gig shows as 18.9 my 25gig shows as 24.4.
>>> I am guessin that maybe your 13 gig is infact a 15 gig drive???

>> You ****ing idiot ****.

> Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
> yddap

Go **** yourself with a rusty machete, you ****ing gormless nong. Reading
things that aren't there and still ****ing it up. **** me dead. Just how
dumb are you, you ****ing pillock?

Tim

sierra wrote:
> Currently running xp-pro,and just installed a new

harddrive,(barracuda
> 80g)all running fine etc when i go to properties it shows it as

74.5g,
> got my old drive as the slave at 13g which it shows ok,any ideas?
> Simon.

There are a number of different standards when it comes to a
gigabyte.
Hard drive manufacturers say 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes because it
makes there drives look bigger.
Nearly everyone else says 1GB = 1,073,741,824 bytes a number that
works much better in a binary system (it is 2 multiplied by itself 30
times)
And just to confuse everything totally... the official Institute of
Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) standard says that the
hard drive manufacturers are right and what everyone else calls a
gigabyte should be called a gibibyte (a binary gigabyte). According
to them your drive is 80GB = 74.5 GiB. Which is utter crap. Their odd
idea has been around for a few years, but if you live to be 100,
you'll never see it used.
The great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose
from.

Yddap

In news:(E-Mail Removed)-cn.com,
Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:
> Yddap wrote:
>> In news(E-Mail Removed),
>> Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:

>>> You ****ing idiot ****.

>> Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
>> yddap

Plonk !

Camela Humayag

Yddap wrote:
> In news:(E-Mail Removed)-cn.com,
> Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:
>> Yddap wrote:
>>> In news(E-Mail Removed),
>>> Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:

>>> Get it right " You Sexual intercourse, Sub-normal Vagina
>>> yddap

> Plonk !

*plonk*

<(E-Mail Removed) on.com>