Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange Internet Explorer problem

Strange Internet Explorer problem

Sid

Hi all,

I'm having a very strange problem with Internet Explorer. Whenever I boot my
computer and open IE my homepage has been changed to this url:
res://mshp.dll/index.html#37049.

I change it back every time and every time I reboot it goes back to that web
page. I can't find any application that has been installed that would do
this. Could this be from a virus? I did a virus scan but came up with
nothing. Anyone know what this is?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

°Mike°

You have been hit by the CoolWebSearch hijacker.
Download and run CWShredder.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H24932667

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 03:23:37 GMT, in
<ZwgXb.3048$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com>
Sid scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Sorry for the double post.

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 04:42:45 +0000, in
<403ea741.38619812@localhost>
°Mike° scrawled:

>You have been hit by the CoolWebSearch hijacker.
>Download and run CWShredder.
>http://makeashorterlink.com/?H24932667

<snip>

--