Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dell Motherboard

Dell Motherboard

Mark

I have a dell dimension 8300 bought in the Uk in October last year, does
anyone have any ideas what motherboard is fitted. I dont want to open
machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board they use, i
have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.

Mark

ICee

Mark wrote:
> I have a dell dimension 8300 bought in the Uk in October last year,
> does anyone have any ideas what motherboard is fitted. I dont want to
> open machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board
> they use, i have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.
>
> Mark

Use Belarc Advisor, or Aida32, to find info on all the hardware in the
system (including the MB):

http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

Sultan

Mark wrote in news:402d727b$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a dell dimension 8300 bought in the Uk in October last year,
> does anyone have any ideas what motherboard is fitted. I dont want to
> open machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board
> they use, i have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.
>
> Mark

http://www.support.dell.com and look it up.

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Mark" <me@here> wrote in message
news:402d727b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a dell dimension 8300 bought in the Uk in October last year, does
> anyone have any ideas what motherboard is fitted. I dont want to open
> machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board they use, i
> have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.

It's a Dell motherboard.

See, Dell ****s up ... err, "has an alternative wiring scheme" for
the ATX connector, so a standard board only lets smoke out of the board and
the PSU both.

So, it's a Dell board. Period.

RwP

Professor

This motherboard is made for the chipset and I don't know if there are
others but it might be this one:Intel's D875PBZ motherboard

"Mark" <me@here> wrote in message
news:402d727b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a dell dimension 8300 bought in the Uk in October last year, does
> anyone have any ideas what motherboard is fitted. I dont want to open
> machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board they use, i
> have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.
>
> Mark

eric the seal

Dell use bespoke mobos only fitted to Dells and made especially for them.
Even using "normal" 40 and 80 pin IDE leads can be problematic.

"Professor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c1qe1p$2vlm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This motherboard is made for the chipset and I don't know if there are
> others but it might be this one:Intel's D875PBZ motherboard
>

> "Mark" <me@here> wrote in message
> news:402d727b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a dell dimension 8300 bought in the Uk in October last year, does
> > anyone have any ideas what motherboard is fitted. I dont want to open
> > machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board they use,

> > have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.
> >
> > Mark

Paul - xxx

Mark posted ...

> I have a dell dimension 8300 bought in the Uk in October last year,
> does anyone have any ideas what motherboard is fitted. I dont want to
> open machine up yet and have a look, there must be a standard board
> they use, i have pentium4 3.2Ghz if that helps.

Unfortunately Dell has reverted back to using it's own brand of boards that
are mostly incompatible with standard
off-the-shelf-at-a-local-computer-store motherboards .. Unless you're very
lucky.

Check the Dell wbsite and your documentation for greater details ..

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..