Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MP3 to Audio prob...

MP3 to Audio prob...

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Columbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d29Xb.6627$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
> player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?

There's several possible reasons - I'll give you two of the more
common one.

The MOST common - is that CD/Rs are not as easy to read as pressed
CDs. That is, the difference between a "1" and a "0" on the CD is less (in
terms of reflectivity) than they are with a pressed CD. So some drives have
problems with reading them.

An analog is that your home player has perfect hearing, and doesn't
care that the person speaking is at 80dB or 40dB. In the car, it's a bit
harder of hearing, and can't make out if the 40dB person is saying "Ride the
train" or "Hide the brain" .. <B-)

SECOND - and easier to fix, if this is it - is that some audio decks
won't play a "data" CD with audio on it. For those, you need to purchase an
audio CD (aka a "general purpose" CD) and use that. I'd try this first -
it's a cheap fix if that's it.

Oh - in reference to #1 - don't use CD/RWs if your car doesn't like
them.

RwP

Professor

Not all homemade cds work on all players but you might try closing the disk
when you burn it.