Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MP3 to Audio prob...

MP3 to Audio prob...

Columbo

Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
Buggered if I know.

Thank You in advance.

William

Your car CD player may only recognize CDA formatted audio files. You must
record your Mp3 files in CDA format !

"Columbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d29Xb.6627$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
> player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
> Buggered if I know.
>
> Thank You in advance.

Senti

Columbo wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
> player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
> Buggered if I know.
>
> Thank You in advance.

When you burned the CDs did you keep them as mp3s? If so, does your car
stereo recognize the mp3 format? If not, do you have an older CD player
in your car? Some of the older ones have trouble playing burned CDs...

What software did you use to burn the cds?

Columbo

"William" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0j888$189lpm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Your car CD player may only recognize CDA formatted audio files. You must
> record your Mp3 files in CDA format !
>

> "Columbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d29Xb.6627$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
> > player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
> > Buggered if I know.
> >
> > Thank You in advance.

Ahhh, I see. How would I do that mate? I just download them as they come
from Kazaa.

Columbo

"Senti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0jeef$1740on$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Columbo wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
> > player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
> > Buggered if I know.
> >
> > Thank You in advance.

> When you burned the CDs did you keep them as mp3s? If so, does your car
> stereo recognize the mp3 format? If not, do you have an older CD player
> in your car? Some of the older ones have trouble playing burned CDs...
>
> What software did you use to burn the cds?

No, I converted them from mp3 to wav. They work fine on my home CD player as
I say.
I use a converter called 'etalonsoft mp3 decoder'. I burn the CD's with
Realone player.

Jackie

"Columbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d29Xb.6627$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
> player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
> Buggered if I know.
>
> Thank You in advance.

How old is the unit in your car and does it have the capabilities to read
burnt cds????
Not all car audio headunits are capable of playing burnt disks although most
of the newer releases do have that capability.
Also if you are using read/writable disks this can also cause a problem. Try
just using a cdr.

JWooden271

What kind of blank CD did you use? Some CD players will refuse to play
CD-RW discs, but will play CD-R discs perfectly.

Columbo wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
> player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
> Buggered if I know.
>
> Thank You in advance.

Columbo

"JWooden271" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EHqXb.45910$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> What kind of blank CD did you use? Some CD players will refuse to play
> CD-RW discs, but will play CD-R discs perfectly.
>
> Columbo wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
> > player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
> > Buggered if I know.
> >
> > Thank You in advance.

Im using Packard Bell CD-R's
52x Speed
700 Mb

Alan G

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:53:04 -0000, "Columbo"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
>player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
>Buggered if I know.
>
>Thank You in advance.

See

And blame the CD manufacturers for selling non industry standard CD's.
You should be able to take it back and demand your money back.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me why the audio CD's I have made wont play on a car CD
>player but will work perfectly well on my home CD player?
>Buggered if I know.
>
>Thank You in advance.

Sorry.
Disregard previous post.
I misread and thought you'd bought commercially produced audio cds