Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Blank screen at Boot up.

Blank screen at Boot up.

Derek F

When I turn on or reboot my computer no diagnostics appear on the
screen. The first thing that comes up is the choice of entering Windows XP,
Recovery Console or Safe Mode. What has caused this ?
Derek.

JWooden271

Windows XP was not shut down properly. (did you manually press the
on/off swich?!?)

In most cases, you can simply select normal boot and wverything will be
ok. If you have some kind of driver/software problem, select Safe Mode.

Derek F wrote:
> When I turn on or reboot my computer no diagnostics appear on the
> screen. The first thing that comes up is the choice of entering Windows XP,
> Recovery Console or Safe Mode. What has caused this ?
> Derek.

Derek F

"JWooden271" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%ecXb.1922$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP was not shut down properly. (did you manually press the
> on/off swich?!?)
>
> In most cases, you can simply select normal boot and wverything will be
> ok. If you have some kind of driver/software problem, select Safe Mode.
>
> Derek F wrote:
> > When I turn on or reboot my computer no diagnostics appear on the
> > screen. The first thing that comes up is the choice of entering Windows

XP,
> > Recovery Console or Safe Mode. What has caused this ?
> > Derek.

I did not manually press the on/off switch but the computer has been turned
off a few times during the preceeding days when I fitted a new graphics card
and then a DVD writer.
I did not find any problems in safe mode. I do not find an option with the
option "select normal boot"
Derek.