Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Shut Down Problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Shut Down Problem

 
 
skidaddy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-13-2004
My wife's computer takes way to long to close and turn it's self off.

We go to Start, Shut Down and then it just hangs for about two minutes
before it shuts down.
Any idea's !!

The computer is running WindowsMe.

Thanks for your help


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Unk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-13-2004
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:16:13 GMT, "skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>My wife's computer takes way to long to close and turn it's self off.
>
>We go to Start, Shut Down and then it just hangs for about two minutes
>before it shuts down.
>Any idea's !!
>
>The computer is running WindowsMe.
>
>Thanks for your help
>


WINDOWS SHUTDOWN & RESTART CENTER
http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
skidaddy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-13-2004
Thanks Unk There is plenty information there for me to digest.



"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:16:13 GMT, "skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> >My wife's computer takes way to long to close and turn it's self off.
> >
> >We go to Start, Shut Down and then it just hangs for about two minutes
> >before it shuts down.
> >Any idea's !!
> >
> >The computer is running WindowsMe.
> >
> >Thanks for your help
> >

>
> WINDOWS SHUTDOWN & RESTART CENTER
> http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Unk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-13-2004
You're welcome.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:49:01 GMT, "skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Thanks Unk There is plenty information there for me to digest.
>
>
>
>"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:16:13 GMT, "skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>> >My wife's computer takes way to long to close and turn it's self off.
>> >
>> >We go to Start, Shut Down and then it just hangs for about two minutes
>> >before it shuts down.
>> >Any idea's !!
>> >
>> >The computer is running WindowsMe.
>> >
>> >Thanks for your help
>> >

>>
>> WINDOWS SHUTDOWN & RESTART CENTER
>> http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
>>
>>

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can ANT shut off or detect when a service is shut off? Steve Java 0 01-31-2006 02:40 AM
Sporadic Power Down / Shut Down Problems nash123 Computer Support 17 08-24-2005 12:47 AM
Sporadic Power Down / Shut Down Problems nash123 Computer Information 1 08-01-2005 02:56 PM
Shut down Windows XP - order which it shuts down applications Bun Mui Computer Support 2 05-16-2004 09:10 PM
Won't power down when shut down Ray Horton Computer Support 2 08-27-2003 07:29 PM



Advertisments