Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cannot write to either CD drive...?

Cannot write to either CD drive...?

Kenneth

Howdy,

I am on a Dell box with Win2K pro.

I have an internal CDRW and a USB external DVDRW drive installed.

For some reason, right now, I cannot write to either drive. When I
try, I get a dialog that says "Please insert a disk in Drive." The
dialog has only a cancel button. The drive(s) already have new disks
in them.

Also, each of the drives can read from CDs just fine.

Device Manager identifies each drive properly and shows that each is
"working properly."

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions,

--
Kenneth

boon

"Kenneth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Howdy,
>
> I am on a Dell box with Win2K pro.
>
> I have an internal CDRW and a USB external DVDRW drive installed.
>
> For some reason, right now, I cannot write to either drive. When I
> try, I get a dialog that says "Please insert a disk in Drive." The
> dialog has only a cancel button. The drive(s) already have new disks
> in them.
>
> Also, each of the drives can read from CDs just fine.
>
> Device Manager identifies each drive properly and shows that each is
> "working properly."
>
> Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions,

please dont double post

thanks

Kenneth

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:45:05 GMT, "boon" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>please dont double post
>
>thanks

Howdy,